Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: Despite Deumer Minesweeper badges being some of the most common to find, it's taken me years and looking at hundreds upon hundreds of horizontal pin badges to track down an example of this v

?

Default Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Despite Deumer Minesweeper badges being some of the most common to find, it's taken me years and looking at hundreds upon hundreds of horizontal pin badges to track down an example of this variant.

This is variant M1.2.7 On the Classification Table.

It is a zinc based badge with typical Deumer horizontal pin with block hinge but with a round wire question mark shaped catch as opposed to the more commonly seen stamped sheet metal type. It is mounted to a round base plate. The top hook is the same round wire and round base plate.

The finish is there for a good part but the inevitable fading associated with zinc based badges with the reverse silvered.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

Interesting badge

raz
    ?

Starting out of the gate fast this new year Adrian with all the new acquisitions . Congratulations on another sir .

?

Quote by raz View Post
    Starting out of the gate fast this new year Adrian with all the new acquisitions . Congratulations on another sir .
    Thank you raz. It's just the way it's worked out, I've been fortunate this month in being able to find some badges that I didn't already have so I got them while the opportunity was there.
    As I gather more of them, the ones I don't have get fewer so it will slow down and take longer to find them.

Nice looking Deumer Adrian.
    Here's a photo i have of one in wear on the uniform of a Mausi unit flier.

Cheers,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

?

That's a great photo Martin, never get tired of seeing it. The clarity is so good. That combination of awards is not often seen in such detail. I bet someone could tell the maker of the Observer badge as well.
    His cap has a proper look to it. Thank you for posting.

Thanks Ade.
    I beleive that Deumer was the only company that made the badge with a horizontal pin ?
    Here's another photo i have.

Cheers,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

?

To my knowledge also. Another great photo, good to be able to identify particular makers from photos and Deumer are the easiest Minesweepers to identify if they have a horizontal pin.