Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need

Article about: Hi all, I would like to ask you about your opinion regarding Schnellboot 2nd form zinc type mady by Schwerin. The badge for me looks good but I am still not and for a long time I will not be

?

Default Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need

Hi all,
    I would like to ask you about your opinion regarding Schnellboot 2nd form zinc type mady by Schwerin. The badge for me looks good but I am still not and for a long time I will not be and expert and that is why I am asking you for help. Is it original one or not?
    Sincerely, Mike
    Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions needSchnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions needSchnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need

Hello Mike,

For me the badge is a fake. The makers mark is wrong in style, the pin is the wrong shape, the details on the obverse are different from an original and the trimming outlines are incorrect when compare to an original badge.

My original Schwerin is posted here, do a search and compare the things I've pointed out. Look at the profile of the top of the boat from the reverse and the prow where it protrudes from the wreath. Look at the spacings of the letters in the makers mark and the thickness of them. Try and match the wave details too.

This badge is close to an original and was made to deceive.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

In my opinion this is a well made fake, just as Adrian said.
    The hardware is a pretty good attempt but on the observe there are several promlems, like the waves, eagle's head and wings, detail of the ship, finish's colour.
    Here is mine to compare:
    Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need

the short wings give it away.

?

There are more indicators than the length of the wings - which look ok to me?

?

Here's my badge along with the badge in the opening post with the areas of major difference circled for comparison.

Click on each image to open them in a separate window and view them next to each other.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need   Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need  

Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need   Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen 2. form - opinions need  

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Here's my badge along with the badge in the opening post with the areas of major difference circled for comparison.

Click on each image to open them in a separate window and view them next to each other.
    Hi Adrian,
    I would like to thanks you and also to the other kindly for help. I will save my money and in case something new will come, I will ask you for help again. I hope once I will be successfull.
    Mike

?

You are very welcome Mike. I hope the search for an original badge is successful for you.