Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Should i buy this Schützenschnur

Article about: It's a Second pattern, However I know absolutely nothing about this award so any help would be appeciated about whether its is authentic or not. This is the only image provided to me on the

Default Should i buy this Schützenschnur

It's a Second pattern, However I know absolutely nothing about this award so any help would be appeciated about whether its is authentic or not. This is the only image provided to me on the website.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should i buy this Schützenschnur  
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-18-2023 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Should i buy this Schützenschnur
    P
    Many

Pictures of the backside would help too, but since this is the only image from the website, I would remain skeptical and cautious. Keep in mind that the Bundeswehr still use and issue shutzenschnur's and the braided cord looks very similar to what is used today. It could be that the period TR badge was added to a post war braid, so just keep this in mind if there is only one image on the dealers website to go by...

Smitty

Default Should i buy this Schützenschnur (updated with more photos)

Hi all,

Got some more photos of this Schützenschnur, I am still unsure of this and that perhaps the braided cord could be post war.

I was wondering if anyone could help in determining its authenticity. Its only a short time before third reich items are banned for sale in my country so responses would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should i buy this Schützenschnur   Should i buy this Schützenschnur  

Should i buy this Schützenschnur   Should i buy this Schützenschnur  

Should i buy this Schützenschnur  

kuztics,

Thank you for more images. The backside of an award is equally important, and many times dealers will hide the truth by NOT taking images of the backsides. I am still on the fence about this cord, but it looks similar to other period TR era cords. What I can't determine is the cord itself. Looking at the images it looks whiter than the silver cords I have seen. It may be the lighting of the photos. There are also some references that discuss the number of knots counted on each cord and if I am seeing yours correctly it looks like 14 knots.

Here is a link to a similar cord:

Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5

Here is a link that discusses the regulations as well as the knot counts on each cord.

My small collection of Schützenschnur

Rbminis is very knowledgeable about these awards and has several in his collection. You may want to contact him for his opinion.

Good luck, Happy Holidays

Smitty

Thanks so much!

It looks like a fine original to me.
    I believe this would be a grade 5.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)