Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!

Article about: Any photos?

What concerns me about this one is that whoever he is he obviously had little regard for dress regulations with reference to the wearing of orders. Look where the Nordfront Kreuz is and what about the EKII just pinned to his jacket without a ribbon, in the wrong place and with an EKII button hole ribbon?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I believe this was done in some studio photos, the relocation of awards so they would show up better in photos. He wears the 2nd class ribbon in his button hole, per-regulation with the cross placed higher so it would be picked up in the photo. It's hard to say for sure, but it appears to be period to me. But I could be wrong.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Looks to be an SS Paratrooper?
    He has a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Paratrooper's badge) and the cufflink "Fallschirmjäger" - Definitely a paratrooper.
    Do not confuse this with the Fallschirmspringerabzeichen des Heeres and later Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres (Paratrooper's badge of the Army)
    The minimum criteria was the completion of parachute training with 5 triumphant air drops.

Probably a SS private from the SS-Fallschirmjägerbataillon 500 or 600

CBH
    ?

I did notice the Fallschirmschützen-Abzeichen des Heeres, which would mean he was in the pre-war army paratroopers as the badge was discontinued in 1939 when the Luftwaffe gained control over paratrooper units. I thought it was a very interesting photo as I don't capture photos from the net often, but I thought this one was worth it.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I did notice the Fallschirmschützen-Abzeichen des Heeres, which would mean he was in the pre-war army paratroopers as the badge was discontinued in 1939 when the Luftwaffe gained control over paratrooper units. I thought it was a very interesting photo as I don't capture photos from the net often, but I thought this one was worth it.

Sorry if I missed something here but surely the badge in the photo is the LW badge with the swastika in the diving eagle's talons not the Heer badge with the eagle and swastika at the top of the wreath and no swastika in the talons of the diving eagle.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Agree with you
    Quote by jpgonc View Post
    He has a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Paratrooper's badge) and the cufflink "Fallschirmjäger" - Definitely a paratrooper.
    Do not confuse this with the Fallschirmspringerabzeichen des Heeres and later Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres (Paratrooper's badge of the Army)
    The minimum criteria was the completion of parachute training with 5 triumphant air drops.

Probably a SS private from the SS-Fallschirmjägerbataillon 500 or 600
    Attached Images Attached Images Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!  Show your Nordfront-Kreuz! 

CBH
    ?

Yes Mark you are correct, I have another photo which shows a Army para badge, I should have checked my mistake.

Sorry.

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Great items.. the design is awesome.

So there are 12 different of them but they all represent the same thing? Not 12 different classes or something just different maker designs?
    Hi, there are three different crosses in similiar design:
    1. Pohjoisrintamamerkki = Nordfront-Kreuz
    2. Lapinrintamamerkki = Lapplandfront-Kreuz
    3. Jäämerenrintamamerkki = Eismeerfront-Kreuz

and each of them have a few variants, with white or black enamel at the center, and different dates. Also manufacturing versions of Nordfornt-Kreuz are known, i.e. with open or closed "4".

From these is the Nordfront-Kreuz easier to find, Eismeerfront ist most difficult.

The crosses are well described here:

Antique Photos -

or in Jani Tiainen's book (Suomen Kunniamerkit)

greetings
    Tomasz

PS. Here are a few of mine

In the middle row two variations of Nordfront-Kreuz with black enamel. Please look at the "4" in dates and the lion in coat of arms
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!  

?

Mine. Dug it out yesterday in a dumping pit in an old German camp in Northern Norway

Show your Nordfront-Kreuz! Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast