Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!

Article about: Any photos?

?

Congrats on the addition to your collection, great catch

Best regards
    Litza
    I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!
    P
    Many

?

Finally I got my hands on an Eismeerfrontkreuz

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

The Lapplandfrontkreuz or Eismeerfrontkreuz and exspecifically production year 1943 are the most difficult to find in my experience. Great catch

Best regards
    Litza
    I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !

?

Long story short.

When I first time years ago saw a Badge like this, I thought that these are very nicely made items and I have to get one for myself, my passion had been ignited but unfortunately they are way too expensive. In hindsight it has become apparent that these were still reasonably priced at the time, prices have risen sharply. I wish I had completed my tiny collection earlier.

Now the Nordfront badge collection is finally together. The case is closed

Or is it ?

I don't have a definite answer. There are 12 different types of these Badges, but variations can be found especially for the Nordfront ones. These 18 Badges, as you can see, are all clearly different from each other on the front side. You can notice the differences If you look closely these.

There are several manufacturers, so there are certainly still some Badges that I haven't noticed, or at least never come across in the past.

In addition to this, I have seen the middle part of these Badges plated with gold, silver or bronze/copper. But getting all these versions of the Badges is impossible, simply too much work and it would require a lot of luck too.

This collection has taken several years to compile. I have made discoveries from several countries such as Canada, USA, Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Austria, Germany, Finland and Norway.

Nordfront:
    My own observations, the black-based ones are harder to come by than the white-based ones.
    In general, apparently fewer of these crosses were produced in 1942 than in 1943, regarding both white-based or black-based.

Laplandfront and Eismeerfront:
    Both are moust rarer and less frequently available, of these in my case, the 1943 ones were more difficult to find than the 1944 ones.

Note, Nordfront / Petsamo - Salla - Uhtua - Kiestinki.
    Three different versions.

I only have two of these Nordfront Cross in this version, in the top row, I have never seen these Badges from 1941-1943:

Nordfront 1941-1942 White
    Nordfront 1941-1942 Black

There are 2nd version, in the second row:

Nordfront 1941-1943 White
    Nordfront 1941-1943 Black

There are 3rd version, in the third row:

Nordfront 1941-1943 White
    Nordfront 1941-1943 Black

In the fourth row, Laplandfront / Petsamo - Salla - Alakurtti - Kiestinki:

Laplandfront 1941-1943 White
    Laplandfront 1941-1943 Black
    Laplandfront 1941-1944 White
    Laplandfront 1941-1944 Black

In the fifth row, Eismeerfront / Petsamo - Litsa - Kirkkoniemi - Liinahamari:

Eismeerfront 1941-1943 White
    Eismeerfront 1941-1943 Black
    Eismeerfront 1941-1944 White
    Eismeerfront 1941-1944 Black

And finally, all in one box.

Note, Eismeerfront and Lapplandfront:
    Since these are not official Awards and they did not have an official status, no control/inspection was carried out. The middle part and the cross part have also been mixed up in some cases.

I am relieved, years of work/hunting have been completed. I hope this has been helpful in identifying these very nicely made Badges, for anyone interested in the subject. If anyone has different versions of the above, I believe and after exchanging thoughts with Ulf S. know that there are, please post them on this brilliant forum.

Best regards
    Litza

?

This is a great thread, lots of fun stuff in here.

I have been contemplating getting into these badges and the Finnish travel badges for some time. This thread might push me into it

?

Great post there, Litza. And such an amazing collection of these crosses, well done! I ll have a bit of a struggle reaching a similar result. Now I am dreaming about finding a Eismeerfrontkreuz on white background
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

I found the postcard shown in the image at an auction. I know there are other versions (postcards) of these manufacturer Badges.
    This is the first one I was able to get my hands on.

Pictures of the front and back of the postcard are attached.

Best regards
    Litza

Show your Nordfront-Kreuz! Show your Nordfront-Kreuz!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8