Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Spanienkreuz in Bronze

Article about: Hello everyone, Been looking at this unmarked tomback Spanish Cross with swords in bronze. I have yet to get a reference book on these so a bit out of my element. However from my research he

MAP
    ?

Default Spanienkreuz in Bronze

Hello everyone,

Been looking at this unmarked tomback Spanish Cross with swords in bronze. I have yet to get a reference book on these so a bit out of my element. However from my research here and trolling the web it looks good.

Condition appears to be excellent with nice crisp detailing. Any thoughts?

It is nearly identical to these unmarked version on eMedals.

A Spanish Cross with Swords; Bronze Grade | eMedals

A Spanish Cross with Swords; Bronze Grade | eMedals

It is part of a named grouping and also includes the award certificate as well as another medal and award document.

Cost is not cheap but given that it is part of a named grouping I'm hoping it is worth it. Would assume the award certificate alone would be worth quite a bit.

Thanks everyone. Any and all comments welcome

Michael

Spanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in Bronze
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Bronze
    P
    Many

Hello Michael,
    From what little I know about these, this one looks okay to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

thanks Ralph.

Same to me but for the prices these are going for I wanted back up. That said, I got a "Like" from Ned...so I'll take that as a positive as well. LoL

Should have bought a book on these but loaded up on a set of Para, PAB and IAB books recently. And since this was going to be a "one and done" type of purchase, figured it could wait until I found a used copy.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

looks 100% to me.

MAP
    ?

Any other takers willing to comment? As noted, it looks good to me but just want to be 100% before I drop the cash...

I know these are not too common so understand if there might not be many out there with a lot of expertise.

From what I can see the hinge, pin and catch are correct. The individually welded Luft eagles, cut out of three parts of the swastika and also the slightly bent shape of some of the arms of the swastika match other examples that I have seen for sale.

Just not sure if I'm missing anything as I have never had the opportunity to handle one in person.

Thanks guys

Michael

It's a nice Spanish Cross in Bronze and in excellent condition. I'm not seeing any problems.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Congrats on that one Michael. That is a beaut!!!!!!
    So who's name is on the award document?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's a nice Spanish Cross in Bronze and in excellent condition. I'm not seeing any problems.
    Thanks William for the thumbs up. While I do not have the skills as many here do, I was fairly confident its a good one based on what I saw but just needed that "moral" support LoL!!!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Congrats on that one Michael. That is a beaut!!!!!!
    So who's name is on the award document?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Phil,

Still working out a deal. May/may not come to fruition but I'm hopeful it will.

The owner was Rudolf Skolik. The grouping also comes with a La Medalla de la Campana and award document. This medal is relatively common and fairly inexpensive.

With my very limited knowledge on these I'd be giving it a thumbs up. Accurate weight and dimensions would be of use also. I'm not aware of any reference books on these as I would have liked a book myself before shelling out for my own example only a few weeks ago.

A word of personal caution regarding emedals. Given the relative scarcity of the SK with swords it does cause me to raise a suspicious eyebrow when I see so many examples on the emedals site. They have been caught with 'their hand in the cookie jar' before so just be careful before using their stock as a reference point.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Glenn,

Yes..."browser" beware when comparing on dealer sites. It also compared well with a couple of others if seen but as I noted, I haven't studied in hand and had no reference books...for some reason I thought Bender Publishing sold a book on these.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast