Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwerter

Article about: Hi Guys, I would like to share my latest purchase the Spanish cross in silver with swords. From my understanding and the research I have done this L/21 Forster and Barth marked cross was mad

Default Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwerter

Hi Guys,
    I would like to share my latest purchase the Spanish cross in silver with swords. From my understanding and the research I have done this L/21 Forster and Barth marked cross was made for retail sale between 1941 to mid 1943. Apparently the L numbers began at L/10 for Spanish crosses.
    I have also just purchased volume two combat badges of the Third Reich by S.Previtera which is proving to be a real eye opener for someone who is still learning when it comes to collecting Luftwaffe badges.
    Any comments appreciated.
    Regards,
    Shane
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwerter   Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwerter  

Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwerter  
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-20-2017 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwerter
    P
    Many

From what little I know about the authenticity of these, this one appears to be a nice, textbook example from this maker.
    Thanks for posting.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Unfortunately I don't think Previttera has an example of an L21 in his book (or I missed it...) but the construction looks good on this tombak / silver wash example. I have only two of these (Bronze with and without Swords) so like Ralph, I am far away from being an authority. Always wanted to get a nice silver version.

I'm always looking for more reference material on these awards. What other resourced have you found?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I can not say whether it is real or not! But it looks jolly good.. Cheers Terry.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think Previttera has an example of an L21 in his book (or I missed it...) but the construction looks good on this tombak / silver wash example. I have only two of these (Bronze with and without Swords) so like Ralph, I am far away from being an authority. Always wanted to get a nice silver version.

I'm always looking for more reference material on these awards. What other resourced have you found?

Michael
    To clarify. The details and construction all look correct to me. I just don't have an example to compare to.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the reply Ralph

Thanks for the reply Michael, no there is no L/21 maker in Previtteras book
    Cheers
    Shane