MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Dienstauszeichnung

Article about: Just want to know what you all think of this SS long service metal . It has great detail and the correct tear drop ring . Like to hear a value range also . Cheers Chris

CBH
    ?

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung

Just want to know what you all think of this SS long service metal . It has great detail and the correct tear drop ring . Like to hear a value range also .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung   SS-Dienstauszeichnung  

SS-Dienstauszeichnung  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-Dienstauszeichnung

Imo its a fake I'm afraid. The detail doesn't quite do it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Nick is right , bad one

These were made by only two known makers, allegedly Deschler and P&L. However it is not proven that Deschler actually made them.

So called Deschler made medals feature a background made up of fine dots, whereas the P&L made version has a background more akin to a fingerprint in looks.

The jump ring should not be rounded in form, but should be this shape ^. The suspension ring should also be jointed at the botton of the loop.

Note the 6 bindings to the wreath: never found on any original. This fake was made in the UK in the 1970's. Note the thorn like wreath.

I have also highlighed in white these die flaws (small blobs) which are trademarks of this fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

Thank you all for the information , not good news . But now I know what to look for .
    Cheers Chris

Mmmm....very interesting Adrian,the one being sold at Jamie Cross is exactly the same detail as the one above.

It really is a mine field indeed!

I will take another look.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Pic added for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung  

6 bindings on wreath,seems to have exactly the same die flaws you have highlighted on close inspection Ade.

The Lettering on CBH'S medal seems very poorly struck in comparison and varies in shape.....just simply the makers different cast's?

...or dodged a bullet?

Quote by DAZZA3483 View Post
    6 bindings on wreath,seems to have exactly the same die flaws you have highlighted on close inspection.

Dodged a bullet?
    Dodged a bomb !

Dreadful detail on that one !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast