Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views.....

Article about: Dear members, It is my privilege to have just joined the forum and the administrator has kindly allowed me to post this request for opinions on the SS 8 year long service medal as pictured b

?

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views.....

Dear members,

It is my privilege to have just joined the forum and the administrator has kindly allowed me to post this request for opinions on the SS 8 year long service medal as pictured below.

It is my belief that this is an original 2nd type medal, however I will be guided by your opinions. If anyone is able to also confirm which maker produced it (Deschler or Lorenz) it would also be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Tony A.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views.....   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views.....  

Last edited by rbminis; 04-26-2022 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views.....
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    I have edited the title of your thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

Also, this forum is a great resource, the answers to most of these questions can be found in the threads already posted in the past.
    Here a very interesting thread for you to have a read. It highlights some of the differences between a type 1 and a type 2.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)
    And here is another good one.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for review
    Please also wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

No one seems willing to comment on this medal - is it OK ?

Best Regards

Tony A

raz
    ?

Hello Tony , it looks good in the pictures supplied BUT I would need better pictures that expand to see the fingerprint stippling to be sure . Can you get better pictures ?

?

Hi Raz,

Thanks for your comments. I have enhanced the photos and believe that the characteristic 'fingerprint' stippling is present and can be made out.

Let me know if you agree.

Best Regards

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views.....  SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for views..... 

raz
    ?

To be honest I think it is a little soft and I don't like the flat looking 8 . I don't think Mr Scapini would mind me showing his 1st model showing the more rounded 8 and the crisp lettering to compare . Hope this helps .

?

Many thanks for your thoughts Raz. All comments are gratefully received.

Best Regards

Tony

Sorry, looks like a cast Fake.

?

Tony-here's an example of how the background should look..rough/stippled for lack of a better term. Welcome to the forum!

?

Many thanks for the updates which are much appreciated. Although the medal isn't mine, I am grateful that my knowledge of this item has been improved by our members.

Best regards as ever

Tony