Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: by Glenn66 Shiver me timbers!! What a fine bunch of likely looking lads you have there! (and nicely photographed too I might add) I'm taking a digital photography course at the moment so i w

?

Default Re: Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Shiver me timbers!! What a fine bunch of likely looking lads you have there! (and nicely photographed too I might add)
    I'm taking a digital photography course at the moment so i wonder what settings you used, lens type, lights, soft box etc?
    Cheers Glenn.

Ummm. In answer to the second part about the photography I would like to say I use a state of the art camera with a huge lens and I do all my photography in a purpose built light room. However I can't.

I use a bog standard Kodak EasyShare C1013 - I can't tell you how much it cost because it was a gift. It's mounted on a tripod (again a gift) and set to the macro function. I place the badges on a plain piece of white A4 paper in the space between the end of the draining board and the microwave in front of the kitchen window. I centre the badges on the camera screen and then take three pictures adjusting the ISO (?) and pick the best one from those to post.
    Nothing hi-tech unfortunately but it seems to work ok!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Ahh, I think its the draining board and the microwave that is the secret to good photography! Is the microwave a Panasonic?

I would expect it might be the white balance that you are playing with as ISO is film speed but it all has a part to play in exposure. My wife is a photographer so I could steal her 1DSmk3 with its 25 gazillion pixels and use one of her backpack of lenses but I think a sneaky draining board/microwave setup might be easier in the long run especially as she doesn't know 1/2 the awards I have stashed away in the draw of secrets. (Mind you I slipped another helmet on display 2 weeks ago and she hasn't noticed it yet!)

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Ahh, I think its the draining board and the microwave that is the secret to good photography! Is the microwave a Panasonic?

I would expect it might be the white balance that you are playing with as ISO is film speed but it all has a part to play in exposure. My wife is a photographer so I could steal her 1DSmk3 with its 25 gazillion pixels and use one of her backpack of lenses but I think a sneaky draining board/microwave setup might be easier in the long run especially as she doesn't know 1/2 the awards I have stashed away in the draw of secrets. (Mind you I slipped another helmet on display 2 weeks ago and she hasn't noticed it yet!)
    White balance! That's what I meant, just couldn't think of it at the time! All I know is that if I press the button one way it gets lighter, back the other way and it gets darker. You can tell I'm not a techie!
    I have absolutely no idea what make the microwave is but it obviously makes a difference!
    Joking aside, it shows that even with very very basic knowledge and equipment you can still produce passable results! We look forward to your draining board/microwave reults Glenn!

?

IMO the most important thing is the light. If the sun isn't shining you have to use some good light source, the quality of the photographer don't really count without good light settings.
    I will build a lightbox soon, I ordered the right papers and need a small tripod as Adrian said and some light source to me..

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    IMO the most important thing is the light. If the sun isn't shining you have to use some good light source, the quality of the photographer don't really count without good light settings.
    I agree with the lighting statement but I actually find it's better (for me) to take photos on a cloudier day or at least not in direct sunlight that will cast harsh shadows, especially with EKs where the shadow of the frame creeps onto the swastika or dates or, the shadow of the date itself can be a problem. A light box is an ideal piece of equipment as is the white balance setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2