Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next

Article about: hi all,,,i picked up a grouping of stick pins,,,some wwi,ww ii,and some probably post war,,,i would like if some one could id them and give me brief history or where/when it was made,,,many

Default Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next

hi all,,,i picked up a grouping of stick pins,,,some wwi,ww ii,and some probably post war,,,i would like if some one could id them and give me brief history or where/when it was made,,,many thanks in advance,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next   Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next  

Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next   Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next  

Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next   Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next

here are the rest,,,thanks once again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next   Stick pin collection just acquired,,more next  

Quote by militarymania View Post
    hi all,,,i picked up a grouping of stick pins,,,some wwi,ww ii,and some probably post war,,,i would like if some one could id them and give me brief history or where/when it was made,,,many thanks in advance,,Robert
    Hi Robert !

Very nice little collection !

Most of the tags on them seem to be correct as to what the actually are, except for the ones
    marked as being 'Factory Worker' pins. These would really have to be researched, because
    if that is really what they are, then I feel they would be the most valuable. Personally, I think
    they are just 'Supporters' pins.............

( I've got a swastika within a gear ( DAF = 'Deutscher Arbeits Front' = German Labour Front
    - Nothing to do with Flak or Luftwaffe ! ! ) the same size, but it's a pin-back - I don't believe
    this is a 'Workers' pin. ) The Lufthansa pin and the Mercedes pin may of course be more
    modern as we know the companies still exist. ( I used to have a nice Mercedes pin. )
    Usually but not exclusively, German stickpins have a 'twist' in the center of the pin.

The rest look good and seem to be early 30's period pieces or earlier.

Hope I've been of some assistance to you ! ! !

Regards, Steve.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-24-2010 at 08:36 AM.

?

A nice haul with many different associations represented. I know nothing about stickpins but a couple of observations, the German/Soviet friendship is post war judging by the German Bundesflagge which was established in 1949 I believe.
    The German Imperial enamelled stickpin is most likely Belgian as it has that countries flag upon it, not the Imperial German flag.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    A nice haul with many different associations represented. I know nothing about stickpins but a couple of observations, the German/Soviet friendship is post war judging by the German Bundesflagge which was established in 1949 I believe.
    The German Imperial enamelled stickpin is most likely Belgian as it has that countries flag upon it, not the Imperial German flag.

Yes, German/Soviet is Definitely post war...................

Regards, Steve.

qm612
    ?

Very nice collection. The one you have labeled L.V.W.R.D.Z. I think is from
    Stuttgart. Take a look at a Porsche Crest. Besides collecting military items I own a Porsche 356 and love early Porsche history. That one is my favorite.

The one marked as 'german aircraft factory worke'r is for a Dornier aircraft company man, I don't think in a worker but more in a staff member or so, not necessary WW2 one as the company still exists:

Dornier Flugzeugwerke - Wikipedia

Nacho