Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

stick pin, iron cross and a flag? real deal?

Article about: ok, have another lot of items im looking at possibly picking up.. 1) Nazi Flag 2) Stick Pin style WWI Vet Pin 3) Iron Cross? What kind? i didnt take the pics, but i did make them into 1 pict

Default stick pin, iron cross and a flag? real deal?

ok, have another lot of items im looking at possibly picking up..

1) Nazi Flag
    2) Stick Pin style WWI Vet Pin
    3) Iron Cross? What kind?

i didnt take the pics, but i did make them into 1 picture so its easier to post here

these are all foreign to me, ive got no idea what to be looking at to determine if they are real or high quality reproductions.

thanks again guys. your advice has helped me avoid getting burned a few times already.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement stick pin, iron cross and a flag? real deal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: stick pin, iron cross and a flag? real deal?

heres a close up of parts the flag...

this help at all?

The flag looks to be original but the 2nd Class Iron Cross has lost it's suspension loop, so, in my opinion, is no longer worth considering. Unless Uber rare, Damaged badges and medals are basically worth only being curiosities. However...I Do like the little veterans stick pin with it's original Case! A Nice example and, truth be told, the first case that I've come across that I can remember. A very nice find, all by itself! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks again for the reply Wagriff, its appreciated.

Being the stick pin has the original box, how much value does it add to the what would be a $40 or so pin? The asking price is considerably more unfortunately =-/

What kind of price should the flag be? I have no idea what they run price-wise and I dont want to get taken.

as for the Iron Cross, even damaged its got to be worth at least a fraction of what it would if it had the loop still. If you were to say, greatly discount the value of it due to the damage, what would you think would be a fair price on the open market?

What size does the flag measure? And does it have any mounting tags or anything on it to hang it with? As for the pin, personally, I would double the price to include the case. Does the outside cover have any illustrations or writing on it? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ill have to ask my friend the seller the dimensions of the flag, as i dont know offhand. i dont think it has any mounting tags or anything. I asked if it had loops/grommets, etc and he said no. I think it needs a second look. Does the material and stitching seem to make sense and add up to something legitimate or a knockoff? I was hoping that alone would be a good tell sign.

So the $40-50 pin , with original case...say $80-100 realistically? hmmm . surprising.

?

The only thing I can comment on is the EK2. An original, it looks like a K&Q but it is broken. I personally wouldn't spend money on a broken EK when the availability of undamaged specimens is so large.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....