Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, again me with another questionable piece, and because some sellers here are very dishonest about stuff they sell i must be very cautious. What are your opinions about this u boat ba

Default U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen

Hi guys, again me with another questionable piece, and because some sellers here are very dishonest about stuff they sell i must be very cautious. What are your opinions about this u boat badge.
    Best regards, Franko

U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen
    U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen
    U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen
    U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen
    U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-19-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boot-kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

I have oriented the photos correctly for you.
    If you would like the members here to help you with these items, please try to do this yourself in the future.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, I will.

I could not find an example with similar pin/hardware. I never even made it to the front of the badge. Maybe someone has a more updated reference than I.

I would pass on this one. There are plenty of original Uboat badges for sale that are more common & easily identifiable.

It has a Schickle type pin but the eagle does not match.
    It shouldn't be difficult to find an example with that flaw on the eagle's chest. I was not able to.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This badge is reffered to as the "five feather" type due to the five horizontal wing feathers.

To date the maker is unknown.The construction has a period look but still no certainty if they are pre-April 1945.

Cheers,Martin.

?

Hi Guys,

Yes it's the "5-feather" design, but in my opinion a cast reproduction of the "5-feather" U-Boat.

Here's an old thread on the "5-feather U-boat": U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

In the meantime, a die set without provenance has emerged engraved with the names Schwerin and "Th.Diehle" who was indeed a die maker near Schwerin in Berlin, so if this design is wartime it's possible this represents a late-war 2nd design by Schwerin. But regardless, it too has certainly been a target of post-war fakers, and the example in the opening post hasn't a chance IMO.

Best regards,
    ---Norm