Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Various Third Reich Decorations – A Start...

Article about: Hello all! I used to collect Third Reich pieces many years ago and latterly moved into coins. Coins are what I do full-time now, both as a hobby and as a dealer. I couldn't help myself biddi

?

Red face Various Third Reich Decorations – A Start...

Hello all!

I used to collect Third Reich pieces many years ago and latterly moved into coins. Coins are what I do full-time now, both as a hobby and as a dealer.

I couldn't help myself bidding on a few pieces in a recent auction so I started with these. I knew a couple of them looked good but the only photo available was the one provided in the listing, hence I was unable to inspect any of them closer.

I reckon the 25 Years Long Service award is a copy, and possibly a couple of the others, but let me know what you folks think from this very brief overview photo.

Once I receive them I will post additional photos in this thread and go from there.

Regards,

Duncan. ⭐️

Various Third Reich Decorations – A Start...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Various Third Reich Decorations – A Start...
    P
    Many

I fear a couple of them are Fakes. The SS Service Awards are both Fakes for sure. The third medal from the left has a wrong ribbon attached. And I think the Heer Service Award is fake as well.

?

This is what I was thinking also. It isn't too problematic for me as there are a couple in there I liked the look of and felt comfortable about, didn't pay a lot and I am a regular with the auction house so they're not likely to be too difficult given they were sold as a genuine lot.

Was fairly certain that the ones you highlighted were questionable at best.

Definitely the wrong ribbon on the medal third in from the left as that is an Ostfront ribbon.

Got fairly high hopes for the rest of them excluding the SS awards and the Heer service piece.

Will post much better photos when I have them all in hand and go from there.

Thanks.

Duncan.

Welcome to the forum.
    Please read the following threads regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)