Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Eastern Front medal)

Article about: Opportunity to purchase this one at action tomorrow , any feedback on this one would be much appreciated

?

Default Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Eastern Front medal)

Opportunity to purchase this one at action tomorrow , any feedback on this one would be much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Eastern Front medal)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Eastern Front medal)
    P
    Many

?

No image of the front? From the vague image you provided I would skip this one. See how the stick of the grenade flows over into the rim? It should not look like that.
    For reference, one of the members here has a perfect online data base for this medal. The amount of info there is overwhelming.

The Ostmedaille-database

Mod69,

Thank you for your interest in collecting, but I would ask that if you wish for us to provide you with good advice that you please provide pictures of the entire decoration, (front, back, ribbon, etc.) in order for us to better assess. We do understand that it is difficult at times to provide images and even more difficult at times when you ask a dealer or sales person to remove a particular item in order to examine it and request to take photos. You mentioned that this was coming up for auction. If you are present at the auction you should be able to see front and back and also be able to take images, if the auction house does not allow it, I would walk away..

If a dealer/seller refuses to support your request and refuses to allow you to photograph an item, that should be a red flag warning that there is something wrong with an item. Some dealers will claim they do not know if the items are reproduction or not and in some cases this statement is true, but in other instances these dealers know if they have good items or reproduction and they will not tell you if it is reproduction and when you purchase it and post it for scrutiny, only then you will discover that the item is bad.

We are not saying that this one is not good, but given only one photo, of the back side is not enough to go by and based on what Vocht has already mentioned about the stick grenade I would be hesitant.

good luck with the auction.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

thanks a mill guys learning as i go a lot and a lot to learn here