Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 medaille

Article about: Hey community, I have recently purchased an Eastern front medal and I need a second opinion on it. It is maker marked (127) for "Moriz Hausch A.G. Pforzheim" It appears to be the Z

?

Question Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 medaille

Hey community,

I have recently purchased an Eastern front medal and I need a second opinion on it.
    It is maker marked (127) for "Moriz Hausch A.G. Pforzheim"
    It appears to be the Zinc variation as compared to the buntmetal, and naturally I see that quite abit of the detail has been lost especially on the back.
    Can Anyone share their observation of it? is it a good one (authentic)?

thankyou,

Logan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 medaille   Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 medaille  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 medaille
    P
    Many

?

Looks like an original medal from the photos. Not sure on the maker however, it doesn't look like '127'.
    See below for what a Moritz Hausch mark should look like. Can you get any clearer images of the stamp?
    Also, compare the features on yours to what one of our fellow members has on his database here for this maker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 medaille  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Adrian, thanks again for your reply. I receive the medal in the mail next week so I will have a closer look at the maker mark number then - The seller is quite positive it is (127) - so hopefully it is just the limited resolution of the picture. Regardless, it is maker marked from what I can see so if not 127, it will be something else. Thanks for the database of makers (: Super helpful!

I appreciate your time to respond to me

Logan