Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Article about: Hi guys. I have just added this medal to my collection. I was looking for it for long time and finally I have found this one for a very good price. On the other hand, as I know there are man

?

Default Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Hi guys.

I have just added this medal to my collection. I was looking for it for long time and finally I have found this one for a very good price.
    On the other hand, as I know there are many fakes, I would be happy to get some opinions on if the medal and ribbon are genuine or not. I do not know if the ring is marked or not.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)
    P
    Many

?

There are some things that put me off about this medal, the thing that cought my attention first of all is that "blob" on top of the left wing. Another thing is the design of the eagle, more particularly the head. I've never seen anything like it. It sort of looks like a Brehmer design. Wait for the others to chime in but i don't have a good feeling about it.

I like it at first glance. It's common for the finish on these zinc medals to bubble. Imperfections certainly occur a good deal more often on these than on medals made of brass or tombak. The same goes for other zinc awards (I speak only from personal experience).

I can tell you the ribbon is a genuine one, and appears to have been mounted on a ribbon bar at some point.

Regards, B.B.

IMO, it might be a Zimmermann.
    Here is mine to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

After looking agian, i'll agree with the others, a good one. And Ralph is correct. It's a "20" C.F Zimmermann. The "blob" is fine. Just a zinc bubble, one like it is even present on one of my OM's aswell. The bird just worried me a little since it's not the typical Zimmermann design. My mistake

?

Thank you for your comments and your time,
    when it arrive, I will post more extra information.

Thank you again.

?

Hello Again.

The medal is here, and you were right. The ring is marked "20", so as you told before, it is a C.F. Zimmermann.

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

interesting