MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht im osten

Article about: Hi . This medal fell into my hands .Is marked 11. My signature is different than a standard 11 , as you can see on picture . And one more thing - the medal is covered with brass. The image o

Default Winterschlacht im osten

Hi . This medal fell into my hands .Is marked 11. My signature is different than a standard 11 , as you can see on picture .
    The image on the left shows my medal. In spite of the fact that the signature is different then I think that the medal is original. What do you think guys. And one more thing - the medal is covered with brass.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht im osten   Winterschlacht im osten  

Winterschlacht im osten  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im osten
    P
    Many

Hello

To me the it looks like a good Grossmann & Co (11). Sword and leafs on the back check out, half filled, typical Wiener design, so do the claws and Eagle head in the front ect..
    Havent seem this sort of marking either but I have some other OM´s (cant remember from what maker right now) with different maker marks, so for me thats no problem

Yes I have seem some of these "Brass" ones, but never held one in my hand. It almost looks like Tombak but to my knowlege they are non existent. Some argue that really early examples where made of Tombak, that could check out with the different marking But dont take my word for it hehe..

You could take one for the team and file it down and see if its solid through
    Weighing could maybe also give a hint

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Hello

To me the it looks like a good Grossmann & Co (11). Sword and leafs on the back check out, half filled, typical Wiener design, so do the claws and Eagle head in the front ect..
    Havent seem this sort of marking either but I have some other OM´s (cant remember from what maker right now) with different maker marks, so for me thats no problem

Yes I have seem some of these "Brass" ones, but never held one in my hand. It almost looks like Tombak but to my knowlege they are non existent. Some argue that really early examples where made of Tombak, that could check out with the different marking But dont take my word for it hehe..

You could take one for the team and file it down and see if its solid through
    Weighing could maybe also give a hint
    You have everything brought right to the point, my friend.
    You're doing.

The only thing it has given at Ostmedaillen from Tombak, thats the ribbon rings.

Thank you for dispel doubts.