Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW II - Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hello, I have a Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen - Model 2 (about 2” high). On the back there is a small embossed "GB" logo. Does somebody know the origin of means of this “GB” an

?

Default WW II - Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen

Hello,
    I have a Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen - Model 2 (about 2” high). On the back there is a small embossed "GB" logo.
    Does somebody know the origin of means of this “GB” and can tell me if it is an original item or a (later) copy ?
    Thank you for reaction.
    Best regards,
    Freddy.
    WW II -  Schnellboot-KriegsabzeichenWW II -  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW II -  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

IMO it's a copy. Poor details, especially on the eagle. And i've never seen an S-Boot badge stamped G.B? But wait for other comments to be sure though.

Quote by Sensei View Post
    IMO it's a copy. Poor details, especially on the eagle. And i've never seen an S-Boot badge stamped G.B? But wait for other comments to be sure though.
    I agree that this quite a poor copy which is evidenced by the weak detail, clear signs of casting, the mark GB which would indicate Gustav Brehmer of Markneukirchen except that it should be a clear G.B. and Gustav Brehmer did not produce the S-Boot badge at all.
    Can you tell what the metal is? This variant should of course be zinc but if it isn't that is another red flag if one were required.

Sorry, but this is 100% wrong in my opinion. I hope it didn't cost much if you can't return it.

As is often said here; if you are unsure about a badge please post it here before buying if at all possible. In most cases it is far better to miss a good badge than buy a bad one because you were not sure.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you Mark and (tak) Tobias for your valuable advice and cooperation. This confirms what I already smelled. Yes I thing this is made from zinc ! And no, it didn't cost a lot. ;-)
    Best regards,
    Freddy.

?

isn't GB, usually raised on the rear of good badges?

I think it is made from lead, and it is a poor cast copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by toot View Post
    isn't GB, usually raised on the rear of good badges?
    Indeed but it's hard to tell from these pics whether it is relief or incuse. However, in this case it makes no odds as the mark is terrible and the badge is a stinker!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

thank you for the reply, on GB.

?

Thanks for your comments, Gents !
    Have a nice day.
    Freddy.