Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?

Article about: Please tell us. I am not very knowledgeable about naval decorations. Therefore, I would like to share my knowledge with everyone.

Default Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?

Please tell us.

I am not very knowledgeable about naval decorations.

Therefore, I would like to share my knowledge with everyone.Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?
    P
    Many

An Original Piece...

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    An Original Piece...
    Yes, that's right: .........

As always, thanks! For what it's worth, the catch is on the other side, which is very uncomfortable for me.

I thought it was a high probability fake or a joke.

Nothing wrong with the catch facing the other direction...every now and then we find this on original badges, but it doesn't affect value or authenticity...

?

Nothing wrong at all with the badge, there are several from this maker posted on the forum if you want to compare.
    The catches sometimes ended up the wrong way. Doesn't affect the authenticity of the badge as Glenn has said.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Guys,

Sorry to say, the badge in the opening post is the infamous "round-S" fake. Their identifiable not only by the round "S" in "S.H.u.Co." instead of the usual stylized "S", but also incorrect finish, irregularities in the margins, a slightly different catch and the small blob flaw above the bow wave.

See the attached images for reference. The die set for this badge surfaced in recent years and includes an old obverse die marked "DEKORA" combined with modern elements for trimming the margins.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?   Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen fake?  

?

That's a new one on me, I've never seen this fake before. That blob flaw is useful to know about. Appreciate the correction Norm and thank you for pointing it out.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the info - I've never heard of this fake before...I gladly stand corrected...!