Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!

Article about: Hiay all! I was asked by a friend to confirm whether this one is a good or a bad one... To my novice eyes it's bad as I don't like the A of the maker it lacking details and depth and the bac

Default Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!

Hiay all!

I was asked by a friend to confirm whether this one is a good or a bad one...
    To my novice eyes it's bad as I don't like the A of the maker it lacking details and depth and the back side lacking the 'eyes' where the eagle is attached to the wreath. I think that there should be a visible golden 'eye' for where each of the eagle's wings is attached to the wreath, like the head of the screw in a way...

I explained him these observations but then he got some positive feedback from another well-known forum so we're now confused...
    I've never handled one of these in my own hands so I'm not the best to give advice hence I'm asking you wise people.

ps I tried to explain to him the photos we'll need and he did his best although I know they are not the best ones to come into a conclusion but they'll be helpful, I hope!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!   Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!  

Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!   Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!  

Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!   Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!  

Last edited by rbminis; 10-16-2018 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe help please!
    P
    Many

Hello.

This is a crude copy imo..
    I think you are right in your observations regarding the lack of details etc.
    Not one i would want..
    But just my opinion.
    Wait for other comments.

Please read.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Any more thoughts on this one?

raz
    ?

In my opinion and looking at the one in Previtera's German Combat Badges it is a good late war Assmann badge marked 1 on the wreath with the injection marks in poor condition . Looks as if someone soldered the eagle to the wreath and repainted . Hope this helps.
    Raz

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    In my opinion and looking at the one in Previtera's German Combat Badges it is a good late war Assmann badge marked 1 on the wreath with the injection marks in poor condition . Looks as if someone soldered the eagle to the wreath and repainted . Hope this helps.
    Raz
    I agree. A Type H Assmann with pancake rivets. Heavily worn on the front and appears to have been "touched" up with paint. So real but....not very desirable.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)