Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann ?

Article about: Hi! gents I been offerd this by Assmann. But i cant tell if its a good or a bad one... Can anybody help me ? Best regards: Michael.

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann ?

Hi! gents
    I been offerd this by Assmann.
    But i cant tell if its a good or a bad one...
    Can anybody help me ?

Best regards:

Michael.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann ?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann ?  

Last edited by rbminis; 12-04-2020 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann ?
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph!
    I didnt know that.

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I am struggling too with this one.
    My initial impression was that the edges look too "square" if that makes sense.

Can you tell what the metal is? It looks very smooth on the reverse which makes it look like good quality but also gives a quite "modern" appearance.

It has the characteristic "nipple" rivets and the "toes up" version of the Assman logo which appears to be very well defined which doesn't seem right to me.

The catch seems to be a ? shape which bothers me too as I didn't think any Assman badges had quite such a shape of catch.

Of course it doesn't help that the pictures are taken at an oblique angle which is a common trick when trying to pass a fake.

I am by no means an expert and this is just my own observation but these badges can be rather expensive so wait for other opinions and try to get better pictures. Images at right angle ie straight on to the lens, close up of catch, hinge and maker mark plus detail shots of the eagles head, wing feathers, talons etc are all things I would want to see.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi! Mark and thanks for the reply.
    I only have one more photo off it.
    I also reacted on the characteristic "nipple" rivets.
    But cant judge if its a genuine Assmann ?

MichaelFallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann ?

Well that is a better pic of the maker mark which really does look very modern and I am still very wary of the extremely flat and smooth finish on the reverse. The catch is still hidden from view and to me there is something odd about the top two arms of the swas. This is alo taken at an angle which always puts me off except in close up shots of particular features in which case the image has to be at an angle to show the required detail.

I might be wide of the mark here but I am not very keen on this one.

So as I say, wait if you can for a more well-informed opinion and maybe ask the seller for the pics required. The response you get may speak volumes. Also the asking price might raise a flag if it is lower than it should be.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi! Mark nad thanks.
    Too many loose ends for me im afraid.
    I will pass on this one.

Best regards:

Michael.

I agree to what has been said compared to a Catch Variation ? Type D Brass Thick Wreath original Example it does not look right