Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER Fair enough, the Fallschirmshutzabzeichen expert has spoken. I stand corrected!! Leon. You know what you must do.......

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Fair enough, the Fallschirmshutzabzeichen expert has spoken. I stand corrected!! Leon.
    You know what you must do.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??
    P
    Many

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Fair enough, the Fallschirmshutzabzeichen expert has spoken. I stand corrected!! Leon.
    Keep cool Leon...i am only a collector of the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen,but i see no problem with this badge.It is looking really fine!The real expert is Tom Durante.He is the expert with the best knowing on this planet.....

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Keep cool Leon...i am only a collector of the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen,but i see no problem with this badge.It is looking really fine!The real expert is Tom Durante.He is the expert with the best knowing on this planet.....
    No worries Joachim, your knowledge on these is far superior to mine! The only other thing that concerned me with this badge was that I could not see the "rectangular"recess for the hinge to be mounted in that BN&L badges usually have,but I guess that's just because the solder has filled it in. I learn about these on a daily basis so keep on "putting me straight" Joachim and Ned!!! Leon.

I am not very familiar with the zinc badges.I have a better knowing of the early badges i would say.The pic in the area of the catch is unsharp.It is possible imo,that the catch had a repair.

Can you post a close and sharp pic of the catch Kevin?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??  

Hi again Joachim, this is the only reference image I have of the "rectangular" recess on a BN&L , I think the hinge was also set in a similar recess , but It may well just be a variation. I hope it is of some use. Leon

Here is mine to compare.

Leon i think not that it is a variation......i think the catch had a repair.But better pics are welcome to be sure!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe: original ??  

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Where's Joe or Adrian when you need 'em?
    It's been that Roe rut time of year Ned! Early mornings and late nights in between twelve hour shifts at work.

I like the badge though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2