Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Opinions

Article about: Hello everyone, I've recently been offered a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen by a friend, however, I am not that understanding of these kind of badges and the prices are far from cheap, and the

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Opinions

Hello everyone,

I've recently been offered a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen by a friend, however, I am not that understanding of these kind of badges and the prices are far from cheap, and therefore wish to ask for further opinions.

From what I've been told so far, it's a rare hybrid by juncker, tombac eagle and zink wreath, with the gilding more or less still on it. However, the hinge and catch have sadly been damaged and lost.

If anyone else could provide further insights or advice, I would be most grateful. Thank you.

Last edited by Laconic; 01-20-2024 at 05:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Opinions
    P
    Many

?

In think it's a good one, an F type I believe although I stand to be corrected if that's wrong. The catch has been replaced, originally it would've been a flat wire catch on a round base plate.
    I can't see anything wrong with it but hopefully some more opinions will be forthcoming.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well, it seems your reply was the only one, but I do thank you for your opinions and insight! It was offered to me by a friend, and I thought it would make a nice piece to the collection. It was a pity that the catch had broken, but I did like that the color on it was intact more or less. At closer inspection, the catch has been repaired, although I may be wrong.

raz
    ?

Adrian said it all and I agree . And yes the catch has been replaced . Only thing can we see the stamp on the back ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Adrian said it all and I agree . And yes the catch has been replaced . Only thing can we see the stamp on the back ?
    Unfortunately I don't happen to see any clear stamps on the back. Should this be a concern regarding this particular piece? Thank you!

?

There is no problem with it not having a stamp. I've just looked at a couple and there are no stamps on them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

raz
    ?

My bad . The dark spot on the back of the eagle looked like a faint stamp .

Thanks, Adrian, your help has been most helpful! Regarding the Type F, do you think there’s any way of deducing (pre-war, early-war, late-war) when it was made?

No problem, Raz! I originally thought it had a stamp as you did, but I noticed it to be just a dark spot afterwards.