Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.

Article about: Just ordered this Fallschirmschützenabzeichen online from a German shop online. (picture 1 , photo is downloaded from the seller advertisement, with the swastika crossed black) I would appr

?

I've selected 14 pictures that looked sharp/useful enough to detect some details from. The name on the backside is still too small to read, have to buy a magnifying glass for it. Maybe it's a well-known inscription for you guys (?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.   Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.  

Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.   Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.  

Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.   Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for some professional opinions on my new Fallschirmschützenabzeichen-der-Luftwaffe-award.
    P
    Many

?

I already mentioned in my first post that the pic with the blue box on the background was downloaded from another post on this forum. I added that picture to compare with a 100%-sure-original-one (as I explained also)

(The order of pic 1 and pic 2 went reverse by the computer system, sorry for the confusion that resulted from it)

(this was ment as a reply to '@watchdog' , but I cannot change or delete&repost it anymore)
    Last edited by Jochem; 07-14-2023 at 01:29 AM. Reason: (ment as reply to watchdog's post)

?

'@Vampire V12' ;

When I took a close look at it in the sunlight today when making the detail-pictures, I realised I might have made that same beginners-mistake as you have done with your bayonet...
    Last edited by Jochem; 07-14-2023 at 01:37 AM. Reason: added Vampire V12, as it was ment as a reply

?

Adrian,

I also noticed the reverse colours , but compared with a (for example) 'Der-Deutsche-Mutter-kreuz', they are also bronze for 4 healthy children, silver for 6 , and gold for mothers of 8.

It wouldn't have surprised me if this was also linked to the number of mosquito-planes the pilot had taken down (or something like that)

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to debate your knowledge, this was just how I looked at it)

?

There were no bronze, silver, gold versions of this badge. It was a gilded eagle on a silvered wreath.
    It's not a pilot's badge so the amount of planes shot down is irrelevant. The pilot's badge did not come in different grades either.

The makers mark says:

C E JUNCKER
    BERLIN S W

There are several issues in my eyes, I would not buy this badge as an original.

The colours are wrong as I mentioned. It's not debatable, they are just wrong which means it's been painted that way.

The rivets holding the eagle to the wreath are massive compared to known original badges which means the wreath and eagle did not start life together.

The pin and hinge are wrong for a Juncker badge.

The details on the eagle are poorly defined. I don't know whether that is because it is a cast of an original or the silver finish which has been applied.

It is either a cast of original pieces and therefore fake or a marriage of original parts that have been crudely painted.

If you paid the going rate from a dealer for an original Juncker badge I would be seeking a return and refund.

There are several Juncker examples posted in this forum, check them out and compare to your badge and see for yourself.
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-14-2023 at 09:19 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Jochem,

badge and case both not original and i can only agree with the other guys, please never polish a badge.

Regards
    Joe

?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Jochem,

badge and case both not original and i can only agree with the other guys, please never polish a badge.

Regards
    Joe
    thank you for your support , Bradmelder, but what 'case' ?? There was no case with it...

Quote by Jochem View Post
    but what 'case' ?? There was no case with it...
    There was in your original post.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

There's confusion because you have posted a photo of another badge with case.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2