MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.

Article about: Hello. Today I am showing an traineagle 27 inch HE. in bad condition. It looks like an original, but there are some details that bother me. It was painted at some point and I don't know if t

?

Default 27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.

Hello.
    Today I am showing an traineagle 27 inch HE. in bad condition. It looks like an original, but there are some details that bother me. It was painted at some point and I don't know if this is to mask more flaws. There is only one hole on the right wing, although there are studs, usually two are made to hang it somewhere. The reverse side of the wreath with the swastika also looks irregular. There are no markings on the studs. The wings are not symmetrical due to damage during removal from the wagon. I don't know if such damage can occur when detaching from the wagon.
    I have compared this eagle to other examples shown on the forum in Saris's book and from other sources. It definitely doesn't look like the fakes I've looked at. I don't know what perfection the counterfeiters have reached at the current prices of these eagles. The fake examples I looked at are from ten years ago.
    Although, I think this is a correct example in poor condition.
    Please give your opinion!

Thanks Georgi.
    27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.
    P
    Many

?

Georgi I'm leaning towards authentic as well. I like the bolts and threads. Markings are also consistent with HE. I also like the crack to the neck from being pried off. I don't see a repro having that. HE are highly faked however. Hopefully JR or one of the experts can chim in but I like it.

Tim

Hi Georgi.
    I expect that there are not many train eagle collectors here and the topics in this section remain without a defining opinion.
    Here is my opinion! I hope it helps in making a decision.
    The eagle looks authentic. There are no markings on the studs typical of this manufacturer, but the photos are not good enough and not all examples have such markings. The detail around the swastika stud is not very good. This example certainly doesn't look like the fakes I've seen. I think this is a good example.
    As you say at these prices we don't know what the counterfeiters can produce. Buy this eagle only if you have the right to return it. When you receive the eagle upload more photos of the specific details for further discussion and if there is a problem you will return it.
    Last edited by kettenkrad; 11-09-2023 at 02:35 AM.

?

I think the seller is confirmed. Accepts a fourteen-day period for returning the item.
    I don't know why someone would drill just one hole in an uncharacteristic place on the eagle's wing?
    Regards Georgi.

The previous owner started to do something, but gave up.
    Good thing he didn't cut the studs.
    It is interesting how this eagle was hung.

raz
    ?

Looks good to me also . here is mine to compare . 27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1686694[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.  

?

Still has the nuts. Very nice raz.

Tim

raz
    ?

Thanks Tim , it is posted here as "new bird with nuts" for a laugh .

?

Hello. I received the eagle today. After looking at this eagle, I think that the bad times for it continued even after the war.
    It was carelessly removed from the wagon it was standing on and is deformed. For some reason only one hole was made on the right wing. It is then painted with several colors. The stud markings are gone. On the lower stud near the swastika there is some kind of plaster. Finally, before being offered for sale, it was cleaned of paint.
    Overall it looks good and I like it. It has nice detail and three of the studs are retained. Here are some more pictures.
    Regards Georgi.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.27 Inch Reichsbahn Train Eagle HE.