Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any ideas what this is please?

Article about: Hello everyone Has anybody got any idea as to what this is in the attached photo please? Any comments would be appreciated. Many thanks John

Hi Mark it’s in an auction and the reserve price is £500. After your help I can assure you as far as I’m concerned it can stay there!
    Thanks for your advice,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any ideas what this is please?
    P
    Many

Just to illustrate my comment.

These ar two of my favourite holiday souvenirs from India in 2005;

Hanuman the Monkey God and Ganesha the Elephant god. Both are about 6" high, heavy and quiet well cast but in brass not bronze then finished to look like bronze (not really if you know what bronze looks like). They come out at "tourist prices" but real bronze is just not seen on souvenir stalls.

Any ideas what this is please?

Un-oxidised bronze looks like very dark brass which is why you should never polish a bronze because you will take away the lovely rich dark colour that was deliberately created when it was finished.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-19-2021 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added image
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by flintlock View Post
    Hi Mark it’s in an auction and the reserve price is £500. After your help I can assure you as far as I’m concerned it can stay there!
    Thanks for your advice,
    John
    Yep that's the "big glass window" (to see you coming!) price
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

No feathering on the lower chest, legs, and inside bottom of the tail, make me believe this is not an original TR desk eagle.
    There are quite a few posted in the past, it might help to search a few of them out and have a look.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph I’ll search the forum as you suggest.
    Thanks to everyone for your help
    Regards All
    John

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2