Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Box Car eagle

Article about: Hi. I am almost afraid to know since I already purchased this. It came from a reputable auction house that sells a lot of German War relics. Opinions, please.

Quote by kimfitz View Post
    26 inches is the span.
    26 inches is not a known size for these eagles.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Box Car eagle
    P
    Many

Well, it's pretty much all said but that shrinkage crack across the swastika would be the first red flag for me.

That tends not to happen in industrial production and on the odd occasion when it does the piece would be rejected and go back to the melting pot!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-11-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry for being late to the party but that is a one looker replica/ fake for many reasons, hopefully you get a refund and I suggest you purchase a copy of Saris's book on Reichsbahn Eagles if you plan on ever owning a real one...research before you buy!!!

Yeah - they will refund the money. I just compared marks on the back. Looking at the eyes I see how it looks wrong. Thanks for relpying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2