Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Eagle Railroad.

Article about: I need you opinion on this railroad eagle from a friend. Greetings and thank you for your time.

Default German Eagle Railroad.

I need you opinion on this railroad eagle from a friend. Greetings and thank you for your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Eagle Railroad.
    P
    Many

Truth be told, I'm not liking this one much. The bottom lug has no tread hole or bolt and the top 2 lugs should not be drilled all the way through but should rather have 2 bolts. That, and the metal is extremely rough and grainy and originals are smooth and flat. I would not be picking this one up. It looks to me like a rough cast copy.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with William, the eagles head looks particularly roughly cast, I'd have expected better.

The chaps are right, it's a fake WEHAG railroad eagle, and a pretty bad one at that. As already stated, the rough finish is a no-no, as are the letters cast into the reverse as well as the poorly finished, drilled through lugs. The biggest problem that gives all of these WEHAG eagles away, and that includes the ones that are finished in a more realistic manner, is the 'stitched' repair to the mould between the left wing (when viewed from the reverse side) and the body. On the fakes it is always very weak, whereas on the originals it's pretty crisp, and was a repair made to the original mould when it cracked. Below is an example of some of the points i've raised to show the vast difference between the above fake and a genuine one.

Hope this helps, Ned.

German Eagle Railroad.German Eagle Railroad.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you all for your quick response.