Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.

Article about: Well done Glen, you've picked up a cracker there! The wear 'n tear gives it a little character too. Cheers, Carl

?

Default Re: Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.

Well done Glen, you've picked up a cracker there! The wear 'n tear gives it a little character too.

Cheers,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.
    P
    Many

Almost certainly a bullet hole. GI's both during the war and afterwards had a silly "thing" about shooting "Nazi signs". Look at how many amazing rare and valuable things that were ridiculously "denazified" after the war.(and I'm not talking about being done on official orders!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i'm no nazi but i would have that on my front room wall haha awesome find

Vampy

Good score for the price - Well done.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of selling off my entire collection and this is now for sale!!

Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you, Glen

Hi guys - can I get another opinion on this please?

I recently sold it to a guy in Germany and he wasn't convinced it was genuine and he sent it off to be appraised by Militaria Berlin: Ankauf und Verkauf militärischer Antiquitäten and they had this to say...

bei dem oben beschriebenen und unten abgebildeten stück handelt es sich unserer meinung nach um kein original aus dem vehleihungs-zeitraun. materialien, masse und ausfuhrung entsprechen nicht den und in der fachliterature beschrieben normen

in the above described and below shown piece is in our opinion no original from the vehicle loan time. materials, measures and execution do not correspond to the norms described in the technical literature

Has anyone ever dealt with that company before??

I've never heard of that crowd, but I would tend to agree with them. I see poor detail and rough casting in your example, that's not consistent with the quality we see in the genuine examples of the type. The eagle's head is very poor. The bullet hole a distraction?

Have a long look at this photo and compare it to your eagle.

Large 15" Metal Eagle, Opinions needed please.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Hi guys - can I get another opinion on this please?

I recently sold it to a guy in Germany and he wasn't convinced it was genuine and he sent it off to be appraised by Militaria Berlin: Ankauf und Verkauf militärischer Antiquitäten and they had this to say...

bei dem oben beschriebenen und unten abgebildeten stück handelt es sich unserer meinung nach um kein original aus dem vehleihungs-zeitraun. materialien, masse und ausfuhrung entsprechen nicht den und in der fachliterature beschrieben normen

in the above described and below shown piece is in our opinion no original from the vehicle loan time. materials, measures and execution do not correspond to the norms described in the technical literature

Has anyone ever dealt with that company before??
    I have bought from them before and I had no problems with them.

Glennyboy619,

I'm always amazed at what manages to emerge after all these years. As I can certainly attest, sometimes its the bargain buys that become the best buys. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us and good luck toward the next amazing find!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2