Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Large eagle and armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

Article about: I couldn't find the right area to post this in,maybe the mods can move it to the correct area.Anyway do these look good?

The eagle is absolutely 100% authentic. I owned and sold the eagle illustrated on page 132 in this book....and also owned many others.

I'll be happy to take this eagle off your hands.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated
    P
    Many

Thanks guys!I dont doubt the eagle is original,I am going to pm William just to get his opinion if that helps any doubters.

I swore I was done with this topic and I may be persecuted for this post but it is what it is. My final observations in which I will state my reasons for my thoughts/observations. The following pictures are from the book and posts here on the forum. The letter number combinations on the upper left wing, images are of Berghoffs eagle pg 132 and forum thread, TC's eagle, and the purported 70's fake from Wim's book. Let me state how many eagles do I own?-0, how many eagles have I handled?-0, how many items have I made from a mold-LOTS! The process of making a part from a mold is as follows, develop a plug (in this case I'm sure an artist sculpture of the eagle, from the plug the mold is made, given the fact these had to be a hand finished product it was a two part mold and had a cast edge as a result, from the mold the part/eagle in this case was made and finished. Now what does this mean? The plug and part are identical in shape/consistency/finish/detail. Periodically with use, a mold can get damaged and need repair otherwise if taken care of and used properly a mold can be used to make THOUSANDS of exact pieces. If severly damaged a new mold must be made from the same plug to ensure product quality, which the eagle producers did not make. Look at the numbers and letters of each piece and someone please provide me with a logical explanation for the differences between Berghoffs eagle and the similarities of TC's and the 70's reproduction from the book. I believe as I stated intially this eage is a copy of Berghoffs with an original eagle being used as the plug, therefore leaving less crisp/defined lines as Berghof's original Best regards.

Brian

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciatedLarge eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciatedLarge eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciatedLarge eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-28-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Brian,I am glad you posted again,we are all here to learn.Thanks for your post!

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Brian,I am glad you posted again,we are all here to learn.Thanks for your post!
    Thanks TC I appreciate that brother and still honestly I hope I'm wrong. You are a hell of a collector and I certainly don't doubt your instincts. For you I ll be happy to be wrong. I just want to know why I am. Like you said it s about learning and that's what I want to do. It's not an ego trip or a peeing contest. It's what makes our forum the place to come if you want accurate information. Sincerely brother I wish the best for you. Kindest regards and I'm glad you re here, other people would of told me to shut up by now, which you may be thinking it but hadn't said it yet lol.

Brian

I have a helmet friend who has had, owned, handled dozens of these. I am going to get him involved with this thread soon, He will know for sure. will get back later....

Hi Brian..there is nothing to shut up for..as you said we are all here to learn and the truth be told..and if it takes sometimes checking the facts twice or 3X......then no harm no foul

Your posts have been constructive and fallen within forum guidelines of good conduct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    The eagle is "period"....... Period !
    John is correct. The bird posted at the beginning of the thread is authentic. Here are a few of mine

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

Thanks Ken. If there is ANYONE who knows them it is you. Can we now put this post to bed ??
    Dave

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Brian..there is nothing to shut up for..as you said we are all here to learn and the truth be told..and if it takes sometimes checking the facts twice or 3X......then no harm no foul

Your posts have been constructive and fallen within forum guidelines of good conduct.

Regards Larry
    I agree. There are some 2000 members here. If 1% were as hard working & passionate as Brian, this would be an Ass kick forum much more than it is. We should hold a vote this December for most helpful, constructive member....Brian has my vote

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast