Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions needed on train eagle

Article about: This train eagle was in my Dad's garage. How do I know if it is authentic? What do these things sell for and how do you find a buyer who collects and enjoys the item rather than a dealer who

?

Default Re: Opinions needed on train eagle

many good eagles had the lug's removed as a form of denazification, just like removing the pin from a badge, or cutting the ropes off flags. the intention was that it could not be used as it was before. i had a 24 inch eagle bought direct from the vet that brought it home. he took a hammer to the studs to snap them off. and it showed. then it was ok for him to keep he told me. all kinds of things happend. i think much depended on the officers in charge. some did not care at all what their guys found. others were more by the book.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed on train eagle
    P
    Many

This is all very confusing to me. I can definately see marks on the posts that would indicate that something was indeed sawed off. I really wish I could ask my Dad what the real story is on this eagle! I have such a hard time convincing myself he would have a fake. It was really well hidden in our garage and I had never seen it before I cleaned out their estate.

?

Quote by xmascarolmarie View Post
    This is all very confusing to me. I can definately see marks on the posts that would indicate that something was indeed sawed off. I really wish I could ask my Dad what the real story is on this eagle! I have such a hard time convincing myself he would have a fake. It was really well hidden in our garage and I had never seen it before I cleaned out their estate.
    There were many things made for GI consumption after the wars end. Some made of original put together parts or even made on original machinery. There were armies of occupation hungry for war time artifacts and crafty reproduction makes eager to oblige them for profit. The areas that were impossible to copy are often camouflaged as being broken off or removed. All it really takes is a file to simulate stud removal and disguise the miscast areas. Often times these items were purchased as original by the soldiers that brought them home none the wiser.

Quote by xmascarolmarie View Post
    Hello xmascarolmarie. Would it be possible to post better pictures? Especially closeups of the reverse where the posts would of been. At first I thought it was a repro but with better pictures hopefully we'll know for sure.
    Thanks!

Luke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2