Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.

Article about: Hi all. Sorry I know the photos aren’t great. What are your thoughts on this please. Just before I shell out a small fortune, I know it’s wise to ask the experts first. Many thanks Liam

Default Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.

Hi all.

Sorry I know the photos aren’t great.
    What are your thoughts on this please.
    Just before I shell out a small fortune,
    I know it’s wise to ask the experts first.

Many thanks

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.   Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.  

Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.   Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.  

Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

You need better pictures of all the mounting lugs ( wings ) to get a good opinion .Not looking that great from these pics especially the wreath and swastika plus the lug on the reverse of the swaz looks like it was cast that low not cut IMO . Wait for more input from others .

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. This is the dealers description:

“A nice used example measuring 68cms x 35cms , fixing lugs on the back have been hacksawed off probably while removing eagle from carriage. Reverse of eagle is maker marked and has locomotive no .”

Here is a closer photograph of the back but again it’s not the best quality. I’ve been trying to compare it with others online and it doesn’t seem as a fine of a cast. But I wasn’t sure if it was a later piece. Like I say I have no clue when it comes to these. Ive just wanted one for a long time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.   Railway eagle. Opinions greatly appreciated.  

?

I would also say it's not good.
    Just the finish looks rough like a bad cast job.
    And I also don't believe the bolts were cut.

?

100% post war eagle.

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. Helped me dodge a bullet! I think I’ll use the money to buy another dagger instead!