Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Railway Eagle... What do you think? Thank You!!

Article about: Hello Collectors and thank you for taking the time to review this item and provide your valued feedback. I appreciate your time and expertise. I ran across this eagle and wanted to get your

Default Railway Eagle... What do you think? Thank You!!

Hello Collectors and thank you for taking the time to review this item and provide your valued feedback. I appreciate your time and expertise.

I ran across this eagle and wanted to get your opinions on it. Hear is what the seller says about it:

The history of this eagle is that it has been laying on a shelf in a U.K. cinema prop business for as long as any of the employees could remember. This company owns the largest inventory of antique armor and weaponry in the entire world, which they rent out for movies sets and cinema productions on a global basis. The company’s history goes back to the 1930’s as to when they started in business. If a WWII film called for a setting in which such an eagle were needed, you can bet this was the one used in the production on the set. I don’t think I have enough time left in my life to go though all of the WWII movies that the one vendor who sets up at the SOS is always offering to collectors. But wouldn’t it be fantastic to find this exact eagle in one of those classic films?

On to the description. The obverse of this bird displays the typical aluminum color overall, which is highlighted with shades of dark patina in the recesses. The wonderful detail to the eagles head, eye, body, as well as the wreath and swastika, is absolutely fantastic! In the photos you can make out 3 extremely small holes in the plaque. One at the left wing tip, one at the right where the inner feathers meet the long horizontal section, and finally one below the 7 o’clock swastika arm. These are the diameter size of a toothpick, and no doubt inconspicuously drilled in order to hang or display the eagle on a movie setting. There appears to be evidence of a couple other holes at one time on the horizontal wings which were long ago filled. None of these detract nor take away from this exceptional display, and part of the history again of this eagle used in cinema film production. On the reverse 2/3 of the original mounting studs are shown, which were used when this eagle was displayed during the 3rd Reich period. In the center of the eagles body is the chemical compound element stamp: GAL-Mg-Si, and the manufactures initials APAG.

Photos:

Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!

Thanks for you time and opinions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!
    P
    Many

It is really beautiful eagle. JR is the one who you can trust with railway eagles.
    -TJ-

?

Awesome piece.

Beautiful Bird!

raz
    ?

JR really is the guy on these . Looks like a 351/2" ( 90.0 cm ) eagle ??? Do you have the measurements . From what I have read the mat'l mark should read G.AL.Mg-Si. and I don't see any periods in the one posted and the MM doesn't quite look right IMO . Can you get better pictures of the MM and studes ? Wait for others to comment . Here is a pic out of Saris book .

Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!

?

Good looking bird
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Default Updated Photos

I want to thank you all for your time and feedback.

I did get a couple more photos from the seller, who it seems is the JR that Raz refereed to. These photos show the studs, maker marks and closeup of eagle head.

Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!Railway Eagle... What do you think?  Thank You!!

What are your thoughts?

Thank You for your time and your opinions... I do appreciate it!!

Who is this JR? Does he have a site where you can buy items like this one?
    Regards.

Quote by Kasper Knudsen View Post
    Who is this JR? Does he have a site where you can buy items like this one?
    Regards.
    medamilitaria.com
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill