Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two different Reichsbahn Eagles, authenticity, price and advice, thank you!

Article about: Hi! I am new to the forum and collecting militaria. When I was a young teenager I found a “1 Reichspfennig, deutsches Reich, 1942” coin by chance looking thru my dads coin collection that co

?

Default Two different Reichsbahn Eagles, authenticity, price and advice, thank you!

Hi!

I am new to the forum and collecting militaria.

When I was a young teenager I found a “1 Reichspfennig, deutsches Reich, 1942” coin by chance looking thru my dads coin collection that consisted of mostly uninteresting(at least to me) coins. I remember how amazed I felt holding the coin in my hand looking at the eagle and the swastika below it, history had never felt so real and close to me before.
    Since stumbling on to this forum I have felt that I want to get my hands on something of my own from that same period and that’s when I came across the reichsbahn eagles.

I have come across two eagles from different sources and would greatly appreciate help determining the authenticity and what you would consider a fair price in today´s market. Since I am new to all of this it is difficult for me to judge authenticity and pricing hence the need for help. The first eagle is priced at 1600$ and second one 1495$. I want to buy one on these and would like to get the best value for my money. If anybody know of another eagle for sale please let me know

The first eagle:

The second eagle:

Any input and information is greatly appreciated!

/Chriss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two different Reichsbahn Eagles, authenticity, price and advice, thank you!
    P
    Many

There is one on the Ratisbon auction taking place currently. There are also past threads here covering these if you research the category

?

Thank you for your reply real steel! I am currently having a look at the one for sale on Ratisbon. Also looking thru threads in the forum trying to learn more!

?

Quote by Chriss View Post
    Thank you for your reply real steel! I am currently having a look at the one for sale on Ratisbon. Also looking thru threads in the forum trying to learn more!
    First off Welcome the Forum!

Here is a great thread. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deuts...hsbahn-eagles/
    WIM SARIS Book on the matter is an amazing reference reference as well worth buying.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Also..if you want to see a few real ones....."Germanwarhelmet.com" & go to "Other items", there are many to view. Just keep scrolling down the list

?

Thank you Rossi! The link goes straight to the subforum, not what you had in mind i guess ?
    Yes! I have been looking to find a European retailer of that book, I have seen it referenced in so many threads

real steel, the third eagle from the top(WWII German PS LOK Railroad Eagle) looks very similar to the second one in my original post, except for the missing middle lug and size difference 600 mm vs 680 mm, thank you for the tip!

Quote by Chriss View Post
    Thank you Rossi! The link goes straight to the subforum, not what you had in mind i guess ?
    Yes! I have been looking to find a European retailer of that book, I have seen it referenced in so many threads

real steel, the third eagle from the top(WWII German PS LOK Railroad Eagle) looks very similar to the second one in my original post, except for the missing middle lug and size difference 600 mm vs 680 mm, thank you for the tip!
    You might send the pics to Ken at "germanwarhelmet.com". I am sure he can verify authenticity for you. The more opinions, the better. His email address is on his site.
    David

?

Thank you for that real steel! I talked to Ken and he said both of them are reproductions.
    I have ordered WIM SARIS book and decided to read it before I do anything else

Thanks for the advice and tips guys!

/Chriss

?

Chris,

You are wise the grab Wim Saris's book. Not only a stellar reference book and educational read on these adlers but also a great table book for your collection room. Wish you well and thanks for posting here. Good luck in the quest. Thanks for being here on WRF.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Looking for more information on railway eagles can anyone provide more information on why the eagles posted here are reproductions or what to look for? appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast