Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

This weeks Auctioneer picks from the Antique & Deactivated Arms auction

Article about: Check out these great lots in this weeks Antique & Deactivated Arms auction! You can find this lot in the auction by clicking here: Beautiful 18th century Turkish Flintlock Rifle You can

Default This weeks Auctioneer picks from the Antique & Deactivated Arms auction

Check out these great lots in this weeks Antique & Deactivated Arms auction!

You can find this lot in the auction by clicking here: Beautiful 18th century Turkish Flintlock Rifle

You can find this lot in the auction by clicking here: 19th Century French St.Etienne Imperial Manufacturing M-1777 Flintlock Musket

Shouldn't these be post in the classifieds?

A French musket, never fired - only dropped once!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Shouldn't these be post in the classifieds?
    These have been posted in the Dealer's Section, not in the Discussion Section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by vegetius View Post
    A French musket, never fired - only dropped once!

Maybe you would like to explain your post as I dont see that text anywhere in either of the lots, but maybe I missed it?

Quote by catawikiauctioneer View Post
    Maybe you would like to explain your post as I dont see that text anywhere in either of the lots, but maybe I missed it?
    Ahh he is only kidding, he probably had a bad day on the job! sometimes things can go off for him!

Rene,

Bloody hell, are you watching my work? A whole day trying to instruct on recovery of cadavers and clearance of vehicles! Just a minor explosion would have been welcome.

Obviously the old jokes can be missed. What we need is a Carcano as it works equally well on that.

Still you can't please everyone.

R

A whole day trying to instruct on recovery of cadavers and clearance of vehicles! Just a minor explosion would have been welcome.
    Cant be as bad as trying to instruct a bunch of cadets how to clear a building in CQB, and keep them from shooting all the hostages. ;-)

Obviously the old jokes can be missed.
    Obviously, after 60 years on this planet I thought I had heard them all, must be a brit thing.

Still you can't please everyone.
    Well now I think that has been proven.

Quote by catawikiauctioneer View Post
    Cant be as bad as trying to instruct a bunch of cadets how to clear a building in CQB, and keep them from shooting all the hostages. ;-)

Obviously, after 60 years on this planet I thought I had heard them all, must be a brit thing.

Well now I think that has been proven.
    There you go, two nations divided by one language. Cadets to the British are a paramilitary wing of the Boy Scouts. CQB is called FISH, (Fighting In Someones House).

Humour is decidedly a British thing and after 42 years in Her Majesties Service, (and counting) I find the true military humour is not always appreciated by more delicate sorts, (we call them Civvies). I suppose someday I will have to take Uniform off. Then I will become an Ex soldier, I cannot be a civvie, it is an alien concept so the humour will remain I hope. Still being 'The Expert' has extended my career by over 20 years so far so I may leave this place in a box yet.

Pleasing everyone and the possibilities of it occurring, is just a given!

Still today's fun is the little darlings identifying 20 items of UXO from all over the world and from any period. We are generous though they get one hour thirty minutes to ID them give full technical detail and decide upon a viable RSP. After that they can go back into the Museum / Collection and re-learn properly. Not as immediately dangerous as the untrained on CQB (been there done that) but the potential for large scale disaster is there.

Rene, I do have a 1815 French Battle flag by the way! It's a white cross on a white background.

There you go, two nations divided by one language. Cadets to the British are a paramilitary wing of the Boy Scouts. CQB is called FISH, (Fighting In Someones House).
    Yes it can be difficult sometimes, especially when we were on Joint exercises.

Humour is decidedly a British thing and after 42 years in Her Majesties Service, (and counting) I find the true military humour is not always appreciated by more delicate sorts, (we call them Civvies). I suppose someday I will have to take Uniform off. Then I will become an Ex soldier, I cannot be a civvie, it is an alien concept so the humour will remain I hope. Still being 'The Expert' has extended my career by over 20 years so far so I may leave this place in a box yet.
    That is true and after many years in the US Army special teams, Federal Agent and Law Enforcement it can be missed, but it is different now anyway from the many moons gone by since I was in, at least according to my daughter who was also US Army.
    (We call them simply Civilians)

Still today's fun is the little darlings identifying 20 items of UXO from all over the world and from any period. We are generous though they get one hour thirty minutes to ID them give full technical detail and decide upon a viable RSP. After that they can go back into the Museum / Collection and re-learn properly. Not as immediately dangerous as the untrained on CQB (been there done that) but the potential for large scale disaster is there.
    Good luck with that.