Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Hitler Butter Knife.

Article about: Hi there, Just joined the forum today, so hello everyone. Great site and so much information. So last year, I purchased a butter knife, which was owned by Adolf Hitler. I want to see what ye

Default Adolf Hitler Butter Knife.

Hi there,

Just joined the forum today, so hello everyone.

Great site and so much information.

So last year, I purchased a butter knife, which was owned by Adolf Hitler. I want to see what ye all think of it - genuine etc..... Let me know what ye all think!!

This description came with it:

This butter knife was part of Hitler’s formal dining ware and used by him at his various places of residence. This knife has the curved, interlocked AH monogram deeply etched in the knife handle that is clear and distinct.

The butter knife has seen use and retains a nice shine. Included is a copy of the certificate of authenticity. The butter knife was really the spoils of war, after a 1st lieutenant, D.C. Watts of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airbourne Division, liberated Obersalzburg in May of 1945.

A copy of the letter from 1st Lt. D.C Watts, states “On may 6th, 1945 we entered the area where Adolf Hitler’s, Hermann Goring’s and Martin Bormann’s mountain homes were located. During this time we had a number of German waiters in the hotels and restaurants. It was one of these waiters that told me of an underground bunker where a lot of Adolf Hitler items were stored. The homes were wrecked and the French and 3rd Division had picked over them so this sounded like a good way to get some personal souvenir’s even though we were told to leave such times in place.

This butter knife is originally part of the Michael Clifton Collection.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Butter Knife.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Alan

I'm sure the members would be happy to help on this butter knife.

I recommend you start a new thread in the correct section of the forum (see link below). It will be seen by many more members.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...a-third-reich/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok, great thank you.

Welcome Alan.
    It will be great to see your butter knife from AH. And it would be great if it wasn't one of the fake thousands.

Regards
    Santi