Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

approval post

Article about: I have been a collector of English and American flying jackets since the early ‘70s. Although from London I moved to Worthing in the 1970s (stayed for about 5 years before returning to Lon

Default approval post

I have been a collector of English and American flying jackets since the early ‘70s. Although from London I moved to Worthing in the 1970s (stayed for about 5 years before returning to London) where I befriended Peter Gray who started the Military Conservation Group (now the Military Vehicle Trust). At the time I had a 1943 WLC45 which he rebuilt for me (I still have it in fact) and also bought a '43 Willys MB from a friend of his which I used to go on his Dday Memorial tours to Normandy. In the late '50s I had bought Army surplus gear like M41s and Irvins for using riding motorcycles, after buying the jeep i started buying originl A2s, B3s and G1s etc to wear on the jeep on tours.
    I have now retired and sadly sold Jeep a couple of years ago as I hadn't used it for a while and it needed to be sued and loved, but still have a few of the jackets and keeping an interest on memorabilia. In fact it was looking up Zipp zips to check on a German leather overcoat that i bought in Frankfurt in the 1970s when working there that i came across this site. I may post on that later.
    Best regards
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement approval post
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Welcome on the WRF John...
    Hope you find here what you're looking for
    (I played basketball for Worthing in the 90s)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)