Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Do I have a Unicorn?

Article about: Hello all I thought I was getting a run of the mill 91 Carcano in a routine trade ... But the more I look at this thing the less I understand about it? I can't find anything like it online s

Default Do I have a Unicorn?

Hello all

I thought I was getting a run of the mill 91 Carcano in a routine trade ... But the more I look at this thing the less I understand about it? I can't find anything like it online so far ... Granted I am mostly internet challenged in a short bus sort of way ...

I am going to post some pics of the markings on it ...

It has a Crown where the makers mark usually sits ... and no date I could decipher ... not even a Era Fascista date code except "maybe" on the firing pin?

I know there were "Kings Guard" rifles issued but I am assuming they were much more decorative than this otherwise mundane piece?

If anyone knows anything about rifle I am desperately curious to learn more about it's story!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do I have a Unicorn?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    This section is for introductions.
    Photos are not visible in this section. Once you are approved, you should locate the correct section of the forum to post your items, and start a new thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Hello ....

I am a long time collector of Great War rifles and have many in the range of the late 19th century to the mid 20th ... I am not the most internet savvy of the bunch however.

I would like to approved to this group (that my son helped me find) in order to find help identifying an truly particular rifle! I am sure it must have a very interesting story because although I have seen dozens of them personally and hundreds in photos and on display elsewhere I have never seen one marked the way this one is?

I look forward to making use of the experience of this like minded crowd to track down the story. Thank you so much for any help you can give!