Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Doing heavy research tracing and hunting for clear copies of rare tailoring patterns.

Article about: Hi there. Just a college bloke taking up tailoring as a hobby, and have a special interest in historical military uniforms. My interest was sparked from getting a digital copy of Modern Tail

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I instantly thought of you luise when i saw this thread
    Hi Aldo, yes I am still collecting old tailoring books that came with cutting patterns for uniforms. My last find is a book published in Spain in 1931 which include all patterns and descriptions from the 1926 uniform, the one that would be used during the Spanish Civil War. I would like to share it in the Forum, if I find the time to take proper pictures of it. It would be interesting for people who collect spanish militaria.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Doing heavy research tracing and hunting for clear copies of rare tailoring patterns.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by satoshi413 View Post
    Attachment 1348791

Trying to find good contemporary sartorial books from this era for me to save up for future purchase. I already had set eyes on a book set by Fritz Hiddeman.
    Hi Satoshi413,

the Fritz Hiddeman's book is a good one is you are interesting in period tailoring of uniforms. I have a copy from the original, soft cover. I think that is the one that you have found in internet, because an original one would be extremly expensive. The pattern of the feldbluse that you find in that book is almost the same that you have shown here from Der Uniformschneider. But you get other interesting patterns, for example the Fliegerbluse for officers. It is a book from 1938, so the fliegerbluse is the pre-war open collar version, and most of the uniforms are for officers. As many books and magazines for tailors, they paid the most attention to officers, because they were their main clients.

You would find also interesting a CD, that it is sell in internet, which include many scanned numbers of the Uniformen-Markt magazine. That magazine came with some patterns, but saddly they stopped gradually to show patterns, and because the scanned quality is poor, text is hard to read.

The Rundschau: deutsches Schneiderfachblatt, in his section der Uniformschneider, would be for me the best research. I plan to visit the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, where maybe I could ask to look for them.

Have you seen a video in Youtube where a collector show an original Feldbluse pattern for clothing factory? search in youtube: !!!INCREDIBLE FIND!!! German WWII Uniform Patterns!

best regards,
    Luis
    Last edited by luise; 10-21-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Pardon the error. I mistook this for the repost. Anyways can you help me with that? Havent really explored the site that much yet.

wpg
    ?

I know this thread is several years old, but I wanted to join the conversation, if you're still researching. I have several booklets from Germany from the year 1936 that each seem to have at least one military draft in them. I've been searching for years looking for other uniform drafts, from any country, and have a very piecemeal assortment of drafts that I've downloaded in several languages. I've gotten several things to look for from your posts, thanks! I'll have to figure out how to post photos, if anyone is still interested in these.

Default I would be curious to see your material if possible.

I would be curious to see your material if possible

- - ------- - -

Quote by luise View Post
    Hi Satoshi413,

the Fritz Hiddeman's book is a good one is you are interesting in period tailoring of uniforms. I have a copy from the original, soft cover. I think that is the one that you have found in internet, because an original one would be extremly expensive. The pattern of the feldbluse that you find in that book is almost the same that you have shown here from Der Uniformschneider. But you get other interesting patterns, for example the Fliegerbluse for officers. It is a book from 1938, so the fliegerbluse is the pre-war open collar version, and most of the uniforms are for officers. As many books and magazines for tailors, they paid the most attention to officers, because they were their main clients.

You would find also interesting a CD, that it is sell in internet, which include many scanned numbers of the Uniformen-Markt magazine. That magazine came with some patterns, but saddly they stopped gradually to show patterns, and because the scanned quality is poor, text is hard to read.

The Rundschau: deutsches Schneiderfachblatt, in his section der Uniformschneider, would be for me the best research. I plan to visit the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, where maybe I could ask to look for them.

Have you seen a video in Youtube where a collector show an original Feldbluse pattern for clothing factory? search in youtube: !!!INCREDIBLE FIND!!! German WWII Uniform Patterns!

best regards,
    Luis
    Would you say its worth buying hiddemann book?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2