Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

family research

Article about: I am trying to piece together the service history of my father who was a soldier in the Polish 2nd Corps. Sadly he died a number of years ago but we have his medals through which I'm hoping

Default family research

I am trying to piece together the service history of my father who was a soldier in the Polish 2nd Corps.
    Sadly he died a number of years ago but we have his medals through which I'm hoping to gain more knowledge of his wartime service.
    In particular he fought at Monte Cassino and has the Monte Cassino cross amongst his collection of medals.
    The number is 49757 which I believe may be a replacement as the number doesn't correspond to the batch allocated to his regiment which was the Carpathian Lancers. As some of his medals were misplaced I know he had to get replacements hence this query.
    His name is Alfred Florek born in 1921 in Biecz, Poland..

Can anyone in the forum help please?
    Anton

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement family research
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Anton,

Welcome. We have a great Polish section on this forum.

Please repost your question there and the members should be able to give you advice.

I've posted a link to the Polish 2nd Republic section below

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...iej-1918-1939/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)