MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of Finland

Article about: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1209920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1209923[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1209924[/ATTACH] Hello! Here we have a rare very large garison size early Finn flag from my collection. It looks

Default Finnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of Finland

Finnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of FinlandFinnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of FinlandFinnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of Finland

Hello! Here we have a rare very large garison size early Finn flag from my collection. It looks to be hand dyed. I am told that pre-independence this flag design was supposed to be a "celebration flag" representing finish culture and heritage while it actually represented the hopes and dreams of a free Finland someday. Post independence it was one of the short list of proposed flags to be the official state flag but never was. The actual first official Finnish flag was a simple solid red background with the lion design in the middle. That first state flag was relatively similar to the Soviet and the red Finn communist flag seen in the civil war and therefore was replaced by the current design after only eight months. This flag could cover a small room! There are letters sewn in of what I believe to be the makers initials, but can't be sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of Finland  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Pre-Independence Proposed Flag of Finland
    P
    Many