Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hello Brothers

Article about: Greetings from Fort Polk, Louisiana, USA, Home of the Joint Readiness Training Center, 1st Battalion 509th Infantry Regiment (ABN), and the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division. I

Default Hello Brothers

Greetings from Fort Polk, Louisiana, USA, Home of the Joint Readiness Training Center, 1st Battalion 509th Infantry Regiment (ABN), and the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division.

I'm here because my father in law passed away in 2020. He was a retired MP Major that ended his career with CID with the 1001st MP BN (CID) at Ft. Sill, Ok. As a young Captain in the 80's he was a Company Commander with the famed Berlin Brigade (759th MP BDE). the first of 2 assignments to Berlin. His second time there was when the wall came down.

While cleaning out his home my wife came across a bunch of his mementos from his time in service, including lots of items from Germany that he enjoyed collecting during his time there, from war memorabilia, Russian berets, helmets, flags and other things that they would trade at the checkpoints. We even have chunks of the Berlin wall but no way to prove the authenticity. Unbeknownst to most people, he told me most of the soldiers on each side were quite friendly with each other and some even became life long friends.

Anyway, i probably gave way too much irrelevant info. My main reason for joining is he bought a few WW2 German items while in Berlin. Apparently there were a ton of dealers back in the 80's. I know all of the items are authentic but im not sure about an Afrika Korps cap. were the ever made with a black lining? I know this isnt the proper thread to ask this so i'll take some pics and post it in the appropriate place.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello Brothers
    P
    Many

Welcome aboard.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Welcome.