Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hi from Australia

Article about: Hi to everyone, I am yet to have a good look around this forum at this stage and I was attracted due to what seems some very good knowledge on many aspects of German WW2 material. As way of

Default Hi from Australia

Hi to everyone,

I am yet to have a good look around this forum at this stage and I was attracted due to what seems some very good knowledge on many aspects of German WW2 material.

As way of introduction, I am a serious collector of medals to Commonwealth forces and have quite a number of medal groups and amassed a reasonable reference library and my own databases and spreadsheets on subjects close to me. I am a long standing member of the British Medal Forum and have been serious about collecting for over 40 years. That puts me in the 60+ bracket!

I am sure that once I settle in here that I may be of value to others and happy to share knowledge with like minded people.

Back to the German WW2 aspect of this forum.

My best mate from back in school days is trying to determine his fathers service with the German forces. He enlisted in Hungary aged 16 years in 1942\43, he was of White Russian decent and joined to fight Communism once war was declared against Russia. We have a bit of information from notes he had left for his son, my mate, and it makes interesting reading.

Anyway more on this subject later and once I have found my way around I will pop up some questions and hopefully I can be pointed in the right direction.

Cheers

Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi from Australia
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Hello Steve,

Welcome to the WRF. I think there are many members here that love to help you research the service of your friend his father. Some even have access to some databases and can help you in the right direction. Best of luck,

-Dos

Welcome!
    We have a few other members from "down under".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)