Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I have an m35 stahlhelm, and I request knowledge

Article about: Goodest of evenings ladies and gents. I don't know if it's obvious enough, but i'm new here, and I created this account so that I may learn as much as I can about this little piece of histor

Default I have an m35 stahlhelm, and I request knowledge

Goodest of evenings ladies and gents.

I don't know if it's obvious enough, but i'm new here, and I created this account so that I may learn as much as I can about this little piece of history.

I'd love to post pictures of it, but I believe this is meant to be an introductory post so that the admins can see I'm a good dude or something.

I bought this helmet from an antique shop. It was labeled as an m35 polizei stahlhelm, and the owner of the store told me that the dealer is very reputable, and has sold many ww2 pieces at his shop.

I bought this specifically as a part of my second revolutionary War uniform (for when shtf in the states), and I was planning on plasti-dipping it matte black, and masking all the swastikas so that I wouldn't be accused of being a dirty natzee myself.

As I started looking into the posts on this website, I realized I may be upsetting alot of older gentlemen if I were to "deface" this piece of history with my own custom additions.

I would like to share what I have with you guys, so that I wouldn't feel as guilty if this stahlhelm was one of the more common variants.

To visually paint what I have in words (the pictures will come later I'm assuming), it's a feld grau shade of dark green (according to wikipedia), with a silver eagle on the left side, which sits on top of a borderless black shield.

On the right side, it has the nazi party swastika on top of a red borderless shield (which designates it belonged to someone in the party and not SS I'm assuming?) and these logos sit immediately to the side of the ventilation holes towards the rear of the helmet. (The ventilation holes are seperate pieces to to the shell)

I guess the reason why I'm assuming it's a pretty common variant, is because it has the civic duty "belt" or "bead" going along the circumference of the helmet; however, there is no doubt whoever made this really knew their craft. It all looks like it was made from 1 piece of metal, and the quality of this helmet makes me drool. I know beaded helmets are commonly considered "rejects", but I would willingly wear this into battle. The quality is impeccable.

The inner leather lining is missing, and if yall allow me to, I would like to put my own helmet lining inside, to add a little future to this relic.

The stamping on the inside is strange, at least to me. The number in the back along the rim has a single number "3" with no other markings. The stamp along the left side seems like a little extra paint that makes the indentations a little less pronounced, but what I'm seeing is "EH64" or maybe it's "LH64".

I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm hopeful someone here could point me in the right direction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have an m35 stahlhelm, and I request knowledge
    P
    Many