Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identify symbol drawn inside Police M40 DD helmet

Article about: I am a long time collector of German WW2 militaria and have owned this helmet for over 20 years. It is a Police M40 DD helmet, SE64, lot number 7868. The chinstap is dated 1941 and I believe

?

Default Identify symbol drawn inside Police M40 DD helmet

I am a long time collector of German WW2 militaria and have owned this helmet for over 20 years. It is a Police M40 DD helmet, SE64, lot number 7868. The chinstap is dated 1941 and I believe original to the helmet.

I am wondering whether anyone recognizes the symbol drawn inside the rear skirt. It appears to be drawn in pencil. It could be initials, but seems more like a logo. It is different than the symbol of the 4th SS Polizei Division, but I am wondering if it could be SS related. I am hopeful someone recognizes the logo to assist with me with identifying the history of this helmet. Thanks.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify symbol drawn inside Police M40 DD helmet
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Your images are not visible to the members in this section.
    I suggest you start a new thread in the following section for opinions.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-helmets/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by omalaw View Post
    I am a long time collector of German WW2 militaria and have owned this helmet for over 20 years. It is a Police M40 DD helmet, SE64, lot number 7868. The chinstap is dated 1941 and I believe original to the helmet.

I am wondering whether anyone recognizes the symbol drawn inside the rear skirt. It appears to be drawn in pencil. It could be initials, but seems more like a logo. It is different than the symbol of the 4th SS Polizei Division, but I am wondering if it could be SS related. I am hopeful someone recognizes the logo to assist with me with identifying the history of this helmet. Thanks.
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Thank you. I just reposted to the steel helmet section.