Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Let me in!!!!

Article about: To the Point: Was the M37 HBT tunic even a real thing or is it a fantasy piece? A little deeper: First of all I am pretty new to the uniform game. I am mostly into small arms but this Chines

Default Let me in!!!!

To the Point: Was the M37 HBT tunic even a real thing or is it a fantasy piece?

A little deeper: First of all I am pretty new to the uniform game. I am mostly into small arms but this Chinese repop caught my eye and upon looking into it I quickly realized how much I don't know. I don't even know what I don't know. I don't even know if my main books are any good, they are the "Uniforms of the SS" series by Andrew Mollo and "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS: A Photographic Reference" by Michael Beaver.

The only two things I am sure of is that this community seems to be home to THE authorities on the matters and that you guys really don't like the "M" designation for German gear.

According to the Mollo book they were issued an "earth grey drill" tunic but I believe that is the work shirt style with the two, open waist pockets.

If some one could help point me in the right direction I don't care to do some reading and research but I just don't know where to begin.

Also a GOOD source for reproductions would be helpful as i am sure the Chineese stuff is probably not that great. I am tempted to pick up an original but I don't know how to evaluate them yet and more importantly I am afraid I wouldn't be able to take care of it properly.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the advice!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let me in!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum. Once you are approved by the moderator you can post your questions in the appropriate part of the forum for uniforms. We also have several reference threads available to members with lists of books.
    You can check out: 1944 Militaria they seem to have nice quality reproductions if that's what your looking for. Good Luck

Lo Thanks. That goo luck seems ominous. I look forward to getting to those book lists and I actually found what I was looking for here.

SS VT HBT tunic opinions please