MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Article about: Hello every one. I just recently got back into the hobby after about a 40 year hiatus. I first started in the mid seventies where your only options where Gun shows, antique stores and shotgu

Default New Member

Hello every one. I just recently got back into the hobby after about a 40 year hiatus. I first started in the mid seventies where your only options where Gun shows, antique stores and shotgun news. Every thing I had acquired then is long gone . I am looking forward to educating myself from the vast knowledge of the members on this forum.
    Thanks, Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Chris
    Enjoy it here.

Welcome to the forum, Chris! Chances are, you'll find any bit of information you'd ever need here!

That is my hope, I know I have been burned, just curious on how much. I really need to educate myself so I don't get burned as often. (It will happen, part of the hobby I guess) I do know better but the temptation and the thrill of a great deal are very attractive.

It doesn't appear I can post a new thread yet. How can I resolve that? I want to know how carved in stone the black light test is. I have a pony back pack and all the tan threads glow. No one would fake one of these, authentic ones don't sell that high. Who would bother?

The black light test is not set in stone, if the item has had modern detergents used on it, it will glow.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, I didn't know that fact, makes sense though. I have things that glow and they are not worth reproducing, How about waist bands in pants and interior button holes.

Quote by cjsiewert View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know that fact, makes sense though. I have things that glow and they are not worth reproducing, How about waist bands in pants and interior button holes.
    The same applies.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I am really confused on the black light issue, I have pants that really look legit but have waist band glow. Legit or done deal. glow no way?

I have a pair of DAK trousers that glow at the waist band and also a pair of DOT 44 pants that also glow at the waist band. fake?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast