Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Article about: Morning gents, I'm not new to the hobby, but I am a younger hobbyist, just under 40. I intend to use this page for reference to make sure as my collection becomes more serious that I don't f

Default new member

Morning gents,
    I'm not new to the hobby, but I am a younger hobbyist, just under 40. I intend to use this page for reference to make sure as my collection becomes more serious that I don't fill it with knock off/fake items.

about me:
    I've collected odds and ends since I was roughly 10-12 years old. My father took me to gun shows as a child and I was lucky enough to have known a trustworthy collector at the time, who was a friend of my father's. Over the years I sold off most of what I've bought, but am now getting back into the hobby and noticed the sure volume of fake items is overwhelming. Thankfully we live in a time where knowledge is kept in a pocket computer aka cell phone. I was raised in a home in the midwest with someone who went through the war in Germany. Recalling the bombing of Hamburg, the SS camping in his back yard and more. This hobby has a special place in my heart and I hope to pass it down to my boys.

I should also note that I found this page while trying to research an Afrika korps cuff title. You guys saved me $75 already. lol

Thanks for the consideration.

Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new member
    P
    Many

Welcome aboard Dave.

Mart

MAP
    ?

Welcome Dave. Glad we were able to help out already. The first clue on the cuff title would have been the price
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)