Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Seeking approval to join from Kentucky, USA!

Article about: Greetings everyone. I am a retired U.S. Army Historian and Museum Director with 43 years of combined active-duty military and Department of Defense civilian service with a love of military h

Default Seeking approval to join from Kentucky, USA!

Greetings everyone. I am a retired U.S. Army Historian and Museum Director with 43 years of combined active-duty military and Department of Defense civilian service with a love of military history. Now that I am retired, I have more free time to devote to my hobbies, so would like to join this group. I was formerly the director of the US 3d Armored Cavalry Museum, the 1st and 3d Armored Division Museums when they were based in Germany, and most recently was director of the Don F. Pratt Museum of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell KY. I have quite eclectic collecting interests ranging from ancient Roman and Greek to the present, with particular interest in the development of body armor from the earliest times until now and camouflage uniforms. I have written three books printed in multiple languages for the Europa Militaria series, one on the ancient Roman Army, and two on German camouflage uniforms from WWII to the present day. I also enjoy reconstructing military involved with reenactment/living history activities of all time periods. While stationed in Germany over twenty-five years, I also became very interested in "battlefield archaeology" and traveled all over Europe, researching forgotten battlefields from many time periods and recovering metal artifacts with metal detectors. I currently live in an original circa 1809 "dog trot" log cabin built by a War of 1812 veteran which I am restoring with the aim of possibly making it a "living history" museum. [ATTACH=CONFIG], 1714546[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG], 1714547[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG], 1714553[/ATTACH]
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking approval to join from Kentucky, USA!
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome aboard.

Very interesting introduction post!

Your photos are not visible in this section of the forum, but members will be able to see any you post in the main section.

Kind regards,

Will.

Welcome to the forum.
    As a modeler, I have both of your camo books.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, I am a modeler too. I started many, many years ago with H0 Roco Minitanks and Airfix 1/76. My favorite scales now though are 1:43/0 gauge for dioramas and wargaming, and also have a fairly sizable collection of huge 1/6 scale vehicles.

Thanks Will! I think it is possible to see the photos if you click the individual icons... or at least it worked for me when I tried it. I believe Ralph in the post below saw them as he recognized the two books I wrote on German Camo uniforms.
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-04-2024 at 12:03 AM.

Quote by Tacitus View Post
    Thanks Will! I think it is possible to see the photos if you click the individual icons... or at least it worked for me when I tried it. I believe Ralph in the post below saw them as he recognized the two books I wrote on German Camo uniforms.

Only visible to me because I am a Moderator.
    We can see all!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)